Thirty: Saranghae

Aight let's wrap this shit up.

Update 09/01/21 - Clearly I don't understand the term 'wrapping up' as there's still like 4 chapters left.

💚
--
Anger still flushed through Jimin's system. But it was no longer aimed at the maknae of BTS. Instead, it was anger at how he had even thought it appropriate to lash out at him, anger at how he had become so riled up around the want for a petty apology that he'd never considered how wrong their fighting had become.

He wanted to do nothing more but weep at the sight of Jungkook... at the sight of his maknae... the one person he'd sworn to himself that he'd never hurt. His mind flashed back to that rainy day in which they'd shared their first kiss, clasped in the subtle, timid comfort of each other as both yearned for a greater embrace yet... had not known then, that the opposite wished for the same thing. 

"I will never leave you." Tears built up uncontrollably in his chest as his earnest promise rose to the front of his mind again. He'd been so insistent to Jungkook that he would never behave in such a way again and yet... here they were, having been forced apart by their band mates in the midst of a vicious scrabble to lay a heavy fist upon the other. Jimin didn't want to think of how many times he'd broken that promise since making it.

The older singer stumbled, arms flailing out in some pathetic attempt to catch himself on the edge of the sofa armrest, but, misjudging horribly, still slipping and landing on the floor with a heavy thud. Despite Seokjin calmly demanding that (since Jungkook was unable to utter anything but tears) Jimin explained the situation... he could not force a single word out of his throat. It was as if a fierce hand was tightly grasping his windpipe, blocking any sort of air from escaping in morbid punishment for what he had done. 

Instead, he stared at his hyung with wide eyes, his mouth slowly opening and closing in despairing silence, "I-I-" He shook his head, raising a hand to forcefully rub his throat as if that might ease the rising lump that trapped his ability to speak. Despite the rush of emotions, he shut his mouth, scowling at his temporary inability to communicate as he simply grasped the edge of the sofa tightly for a piece of petty comfort.

The longer he watched over the two maknae singers', Seokjin's anger slowly began to reduce. His palms were no longer clenched into fists, his face no longer flushed a deep red, nor was his vocal tone edged with a hint of sharpness, despite how calm his words had been uttered. He was still angered at how both individuals had let such a situation get so wildly out of hand, however... Because it was so evidently clear these two felt something stupidly strong for each other. That much was evident as he observed both young singers sit in complete shock, slowly riding out of the trance that had caused such a  mess in the first place.

So how had it got so bad? It had been less than half an hour after Hobi and he had aborted their baking plans in order to give the pair much needed time together. 

Sensing he would now have the chance to recieve a better response than wide, tearful eyes, Seokjin lowered himself to their eye level,  seating himself on the floor and calmly spoke again. "What happened?" And to his relief, when Jimin opened his mouth again, the eldest was provided with a proficient answer.

"I...I was scared that Jungkook didn't want a relationship...he...I... I'm the only one that's even voiced an idea of love and we...we haven't really been doing anything you'd consider 'relationship material' beyond being intimate and... and so I accused him of just using me as a hook-up."Jin's face flushed red in slight embarrassment at the thought of either of his little brothers engaging in any matter of intimate behaviour. But, anxious not to make that the focus of the conversation and give the impression that their actions were disproved of, he cleared his throat and allowed a smile to drift onto his face. "Why did-"