FOUR: Sleep Walking

Lightening cut through grey clouds as I awoke with a panicked start. The sun was absent though it was a no-brainer it would soon rise, I'd been here before. Mud clung to my bare skin; tiny twigs had coiled into my hair. Rough and icky I cringed at my naked form as I tried to peel off the dried mud from my arms and legs. Tall Trees with wide, ruffling leaves surrounded the area that was close to the Alpha's gated compound guarded by the first line of Deltas in security. That would tackle me and give me up to the disciplinary office for trespassing in the private area.

Clearly, I had sleepwalked and slept in the woods again.

The second time in a new week and as the first drops of rain touched my bare skin, I hugged myself desperate and close. Shielding from view all the important parts even though there was no one around to trespass on my privacy. For no one dared to walk this part of the woods without clearance from the council. I'd never been caught since I'd started sleeping walking near the Alpha's private compound. It had to be the gods doing; using sleepwalking to reach out and communicate with me. I could feel their urgency in my bones every time I woke up like so. With just as much force I would close myself off and dare to pray away the mate they had imposed on me back to them.

I knew it was Blasphemous of me to do so; it was unheard of, unholy, sinful and if my parents learnt the truth they wouldn't look at me the same. Despite all of that there was a sliver of hope within me that needed the gods to look within me and see my determination. So that they would grace me with a second mate or a way of escape from Brady Victrolli. Thereby fasting, praying and a whole lot of misleading had become my new life.

Dark and grey the rain fell down on me with heavy pelts, it was the gods trying to lash me into submission.

I looked up and searched for a bolt of lighting coming down my way, but there was none. The heavens were just angrily dark even as though the moon was still high up. I looked over my shoulder, searching the perimeter behind me with my wolf sight. I was only a minute's walk away from the Alpha compound, and that damned scent was working its pull inside me. My heart pounded hard against my chest, my knees weakened, mouth dried up as my body started to heat up a little. My head ached through the suppression and my wolf-sight became hazy as well through my self-denial.

All I had to do for relief was make a grab for one of the boxers I had littered in hidden little places of the woods, exactly for mornings like this and head over to the blue bloods with the truth. A faint whisper of a voice emanated from my heart counselling me on honesty and honour, but the memory of Brady's unsolicited picture. From the day I came of age plastered itself wide and full in colour in my mind. Reminding me why exactly that wasn't a good idea. Why? Why had the gods given him to me as my mate?

Him!

Whom amongst many other distasteful things I had once overheard talking boastfully. Bragging with his friends, negatively kissing and telling about the type of girls they sent such pics to. Clearly, he thought of me that way, 'thirsty, easy, loose.' I pulled on my clothes, knowing the rain had gotten me good anyway. I huffed at the memory of the pic and how that showed his opinion of me. I then began my journey that would take me home. Turning wasn't an option for my wolf couldn't be trusted. The last time I had turned to hurry home my wolf diverted and almost made it to the Alpha's compound.

"Malik is that you?" a familiar voice, with a familiar scent called.

I picked my pace up, but the familiar delicate scent grew closer causing my nostrils to flare and its pull caused my heart to drum harder against my chest. The sound of footsteps directly behind me made me widen my eyes; with fear and excitement at the same time. A hand landed on my shoulder spinning me around to stand face to face with him "Didn't you hear me talk to you?"