FOURTEEN: An Alpha's Difficult Decision.

My emotions slid on edge, ready to map out his awareness. It seemed he had no idea how sharp of a knife his words cut into my soul. Or how deep into my veins they burrowed with everything my wolf had waited for five years to hear. He had no idea how deep into my blood they curved with cruel incision, that proved all my worries and made me want to recoil from him. Yet pull into him at the same time.

Tears of pain and arousal prickled at my eyes but I quickly fluttered them away.

His hips pressed closer to mine, nose scenting my neck with an indescribable sensuality to his movements. That heated my body in response to the heat radiating off his own. I stood unmoved refusing to betray my prerogative. Then the truest test came when he lifted his hand to let a finger slowly caress the corner of my bottom lip. Flickering like a light, in the center of a dark cave my body came alive. With need for him to reach out and touch me somewhere naked and sweetly delicious. He growled low, his body buzzed, it was sexy and his nose was buried in the crook of my neck. It wasn't shocking that we'd affect each other like so. It was part of our biological make up after all, but it was shocking how closer I yearned for him to be.

I'd never been touched in the way I wanted Brady's hands on me. I yearned for him though I couldn't bring myself to act on my desire. If he'd tried again, I knew I'd let him steal another kiss and whatever else he would want from my body. I think I was desperate for anything from him, so much I almost moaned a protesting sound. When his nose and hands left my body and pressed to the walls behind me. Caging me in like hurt little pup.

"What?" I asked.

He pushed his hands off the wall and body off me completely with a frustrated growl. Then impatiently rubbed his fingers down his groomed stubble. He leaned on the door for support to his weak body, and asked "Why don't you want me?" His broken tone actually sounded sincere and all the fight in me wanted to just wither away softly for all and love this man. "All I can read off you is lust, you're just in heat."

He spoke after he realized I wasn't going to answer him. "If I could I'd strip you bare and fuck you right now but you don't want me. Five years you stayed away yet I can't even help myself to you and it hasn't even been a day."

I looked him up and down taking in his disheveled form as subtly as I possibly could. I swear there was a strong primal part of me that just wanted to love him and perhaps even consider that I was over reacting.

I have no idea how it is possible but Brady looked better than he did in high school. He'd grown taller standing at two or three maybe five inches over my frame. The Victrolli Nevanji had grown a nicely shaven five o'clock shadow. That sat on his handsome face, which was framed by luscious hair, dark as midnight. He had a layered cut whilst mine was simple and pulled back into a basic man bun. His hair looked shorter than I remembered it to be and all I wanted was to run my fingers through it. Maybe even bring his face closer to mine by the back of his neck, while I was at it. Turns out, he was right, I was in heat despite not having my wolf awake in me for the time being.

"Malik?" Brady's voice shook me from my reverie.

"What is it about me that you hate so much?" he pleaded having taken my hand to rub butterfly circles on the inside of my wrist with his thumb. Him touching me wasn't helping with my traitorous beating heart or problem down below.

My eyes met his, they looked weak with remnants of blindness. I knew I could have kissed that ailment away, but I remained in control and stared. They looked sincere too and I was disturbed by how much he did not remember. Or maybe by how much he was pretending to not remember, I took offense to that alternative. I wasn't as gullible as he still remembered me to be, 'a simple minded child who believed into their tales and played into their tricks.'