EIGHT: Five Years Later.

Five years ago, our people were attacked. The situation was successfully contained within the gated community and dealt with in under seventy two hours. Brady and his Betas under his father's order had delegated duties to everyone including me without explanation. A few days later, Brady and his goons left for college. A year later Dani and I did the same. Her to pursue music on a professional scale whilst I chose the pre-med route.

I got off the plane and from behind the thick dark shade of my aviators I scoped the area for a set of familiar faces. I looked around until finally, I saw her; Malia wearing a leather harness over a mid thigh ripped t-shirt. She was standing by the door beside her fiancé'. The newly engaged couple were in the same pair of his and hers brown boots. They too were scanning the crowd and when she finally saw me, my twin's eyes lit with unabashed glee. Her red painted lips caught a smirk, that my own lips found contagious. In a second we were crossing over to each other for hugs and screams. "I missed you, fool!" She screamed into my ear and punched my left shoulder.

I held on to her tighter and reminded. "You were with me yesterday, drama queen."

They shared a look but she grinned wider, "Yea so! and I'm glad I got here earlier because I got tea on why the grey and wrinkled squad summoned everyone for tomorrow."

"Spill the tea, son."

"Obviously, but not here let's trot to my car quickly."

"So?" aligning myself to sleep in the dog section of her car, I asked. "We are away from homo sapiens now. Spill."

Malia tapped her oval shaped nails on the steering wheel and replied "The Alpha's son is dying." 

"He's the only male blue blood left," Brian her fiancé clarified "According to the original law, our pack is doomed, we'll have to be sectioned off and merged with other packs if he dies."

"When he dies" Malia corrected taking a fast turn. "Unfortunately but its true, his mate obviously doesn't want him and our enemies are counting on that. We have so many foes, and they're all waiting for our downfall."

Brian turned to me, "Do you know how many enemies we have?" Just as many as they are countries waiting for America to fall." Brian shrugged an answer when I didn't.

"Now imagine the all powerful USA first disintegrating itself and pitifully into other countries." Malia made a scoffing noise.

"I see China demanding first pick." Brian's head was now buried in a Ben Shapiro book. "I can already see the topic headings in history classes. 'The scramble for America.'"

Malia laughed even though there was nothing funny about this. "Yea, I heard ma and dad discussing last night. Apparently, the Volchtok pack submitted an appeal to headquarters for us. They want forty-eight percent of our pack and funds in exchange for a third of their core's power."

"How do they know?"

"Everybody knows! Brady got made five years ago and there hasn't been anything from his mate, not even once, not even a letter or a rumor. They say he's been getting so sick they were forced to go pack by pack in search of his mate. Whoever she is, she's clearly in ours since we're the only ones not yet vetted by Siers. Bruh that shit's embarrassing, no-one has ever been rejected and especially a blue blooded Alpha. The Volchtok pack has been after us for decades and now that there's opportunity. They're taking full advantage of this situation and I can't believe I'm saying this, but what they're offering us is good."

Malia agreed, "Oh gods, I agree too, I can't believe packs will be shopping for us and the Volchtok pack has the best offer so far. How hard we have fallen from grace."