THIRTEEN: But You're Mine.

"This is an act of treason!"A gruff voice from the council cabinet blared off angrily. All I could do was keep my gaze trained on the mosaic floor tiles. "Completely ridiculous!" It complained further.

The hairs on my body stood, awareness rose at the weight at the back of my head. I could feel Brady's tangibly laser sharp gaze cutting through me. It wasn't just my guilt that was imagining this but of all emotions, I expected and provisioned to spiral through me. Regret definitely wasn't one I expected to drown in.

Desperate to shed the sting of regret I astral led my mind back to all the horrible things. Brady had done to me throughout the years to remind me why I couldn't waiver. On why it was too late to make any other decision, besides sticking to rejecting him.

Council members; Dad specifically explained to the sectioned regular pack members how the Alpha. The real Alpha, Brady's dad had been diagnosed with incurable cancer. I hand the known this and news of that scared me.  But they soon moved on, since his condition was critical. They talked in code about an invasion coming, for the briefest of minutes until they realized that they hadn't given me attention as of yet.

They didn't have many, if any open options on what they could do with me, without affecting their beloved Brady. Who was lacking the power to sustain his wolf let alone an entire pack. All due to the bond that hadn't been strengthened. To lead, he needed me and I was not willing to give up my life to serve someone who had made it unbearable.

The lot of them pondered with grief about what this crisis meant. It was because our Alpha was dying and Brady as the next Alpha without a mate was as good as a king with no crown. A President with no military backing, a Kardashian with no ass, an Instagram model without lip fillers. It was possible albeit significantly not the same.

No one, not even my family had yet interrogated me nor even directly spoken to me. It was as if they had forgotten about my presence amongst them.

The council was engrossed in all of their issues that extended far beyond me. They had internal crises that I couldn't even stand to focus on with my mind stuck on Dani's well being.

I was startled out of my stupor by the sound of The Alpha slamming a fist through the large oak table. The room grew eerily silent. I looked up and across the room saw Brady's unusually colored eyes. His neck veins were strained and blue. Jaw locked, his face was lit like a torch up to his chest. I could feel him, he was enraged; his blind gaze fell on mine heavily. It stung as though trying to compel me to beg for mercy from him specifically.  I knew it was the effect of his Alpha blood working to make me submit to him.

I strained to fight the natural instinct to bare my neck and submit, so I strained until I couldn't anymore. A stretched second into my victory, I realized that everyone else in the room save for the blue blood had humbly fallen to their knees. So as to not draw attention, I quickly followed suit, humming with the other praise to him. Our hands fisted across our chests and bowed in submission.

He must've felt our submission because he called for one of his Betas to relay a message to his father, in the ear. His Father took over, from him. The real Alpha was much easier to submit to, I did not mind submitting to him at all. Alpha Victrolli commanded everyone up and out of the hall. Yet my entitled parents remained seated.

"Where do you think you're going?" the Alpha demanded, I shuddered and sat back down at once.

Brady readjusted himself in his seat making it near impossible to ignore his agony; the compulsion to reach out and cry out begging for forgiveness was growing stronger within me. I still didn't want to submit but gods, the regret was eating me alive.