TWENTY-TWO: Brady's Breaking Point. [3/4]

BRADY'S POV 3/4

"One last time and I'm asking as your friend, not as your Beta. Are you sure you want it broken?" Tyler's voice was firm enough to break me out of my reverie. At my silence, he bemoaned a slow, drawn-out echo of my name. That I cut kindly off before it got to where it was most sore. "I can't bear this pain of rejection anymore. He's been denying me all his life, the same way I've been chasing after him. I just haven't been listening but if I keep on forcing him my mark on him or his on me. I'll just end up making this worse than it's already turned out to be."

"Would you?" Tyler asked, "let him mark you."

I gave a salute, "Anything for love bruh."

"Alright, that's it." Tyler ran a hand through his grief-stricken face. "We're going to a bar and make a ceremony of. Whatever this is. 

We all searched our pockets for wallets and phones, ready to hit it. "Sorry, bud." Evan placed a well-meaning hand over my shoulder and tried once more. "One last time man, a'yu sure?" 

"I'm not, but what other choice do I have?" It shook me how at wit's end my voice sounded. 

"You could fight." my Beta advised one strong fist punching into his open palm.

I had a moment of weakness where motivated by my selfish need to take what I still considered mine. I wanted to lie by agreeing to fight for my mate but these were my brothers. I'd also never been dishonest to them and wasn't about to start now. "He doesn't want me and besides what Jenna said got me thinking and more aware of myself and my ego, more so than ever."

"What does that witch bitch know!" Tyler's anger flared, "She's not only looking to sentence you to death but all of us too. Pleeease let me kill her."

"You know Jenna and of the soul, she sold to the moon's mistress in exchange for power. If she administers the ceremony, no one will die. You're not killing her either, not until my cousin is saved from her talons."

Evan and Greg exhaled with a tale on their facial features, Tyler as the Beta straightened and spoke what they must've all been sharing on their private line of mental communication. "Even if you get to live. Do you honestly believe your hold as a mateless Alpha on the syphon bonds that strengthen our pack's core will be adequate?" he rose a brow, "With all due respect Brady. Your mate is sentencing all of us to death, literal or not and you submitting to that half-breed sick witch is damning us all."

My laugh was full of mirth, "You think I don't know that? He doesn't want me Tyler, what other choice do I have? At least with Jenna handling this, I'll be able to retain some strength to benefit the core, even mateless. It'll be better than this, there's really no better choice."

"You could mark him." they all supplied in unison.

I felt sickened. "You mean force my mark on him?"

Tyler burbled on his words like a child caught in a poorly thought excuse, Evan and Greg's gazes ran away from mine. Until Tyler spoke for all of them with a small voice meant to rationalise a terrible option. "This is different. He's yours, the gods made it so."

A palm at the top of my disturbed forehead, I fought off a coming headache and laughed darkly, feeling no humour. "If that's the case, then how come lightning hasn't struck him? Five years! he's held on to this for five years. If that's the case then why aren't they intervening to set it all right?"

None of them had an answer. 

"It's time to accept the situation for what it is with grace because if there was ever a time for the gods to intervene it's now, but they haven't. Malik is now in her clutches, the Oracle will soon join them, it's done. Now are we going to the bar or what?"