Chapter 9 - First encounter

Start from the beginning

It was a little cute I wonder if I can use Creature speech or Animal tamer on it. I told Wystan to stop while I cautiously approached the creature. When it saw me approaching, it flew behind a flower. I have no idea what to do to gain its trust.

S.Y.S.T.E.M: User if I may, perhaps if you give it the fruit in your inventory it may trust you.

That could work. Suddenly the fruit from our old nesting ground appeared in my right hand.

 Suddenly the fruit from our old nesting ground appeared in my right hand

I held it out to the creature for it to eat. It began to slowly climb out of its hiding place, but when it looked at my helmeted face it quickly went back to hide. I then placed my left hand on my helmet, my helmet then began to crumble revealing my face. It then began to slowly come out sniffing the flower.

After a few seconds it landed on the fruit and began eating it hesitantly. It then began to relax before letting out  small chirping. Suddenly twenty other creatures came out and began to feed off the fruit. A few even began to land on my head, before beginning to sleep on the fur on my head. The one I approached hovered in front of my face before it began to speak to me.

???: Who are you friend?

Devan: (I'm Devan, can you understand me?)

???: Why wouldn't I? You're chirping at me aren't you?

I was confused since I know I was speaking in Ape.

S.Y.S.T.E.M: User your ability Creature Speech translates the language of the creature you speak with and vice versa. You will also be able to learn their language.

 Devan: (Sorry I was just a little confused, what's your name?)

Ayita: My name is Ayita. Where are you headed?

Devan: (I'm following this path. Would you like to come with us?)

Ayita: I wouldn't be useful in a fight but I could scout out for danger?

Creature speech increased
Animal tamer increased

                    New Companion
                             Ayita
This companion won't be effective in combat, but could scout out danger.

Devan: (We need to keep moving we haven't found the gold fruit yet.)

Wystan: Yes master!

Ayita: Ok!

I got on Wystan's back while Ayita shooed away her friends from my head to make room for herself. We then continued our adventure in search of the golden fruit. Wystan and Ayita were speaking with each other about plants, while I kept an eye on my map for any creatures nearby. Some time passed before I saw about fifteen diamonds appear with a bigger diamond in the center. Strange thing is none of the diamonds were moving even a inch.

Devan: (Wystan stop here there's some creatures up ahead. Ayita could you see what the creatures are please?)

Ayita: Right away!

Ayita quickly flew up ahead in search of any creatures. A few moments passed before she came back.

Ayita: I didn't see any creatures or any in the trees. There was just a bunch of mushrooms, I didn't go near them though they gave me a bad feeling.

Devan: (Thank you Ayita, I guess we can continue forward let's just remain vigilant.)

We continued down the path coming closer to the diamonds, but when we got there only mushrooms were there. As we were about to approach the mushrooms a small creature came flying in the opposite direction of us.

 As we were about to approach the mushrooms a small creature came flying in the opposite direction of us

It saw us and let out a loud shriek summoning more of it's kind. They came barreling towards us, but when they went over the mushrooms hands came out of the ground grabbing all the creatures. The hands began to retract closer to the bigger mushroom in the center. Suddenly spores came out of the biggest mushroom, and when it made contact with the creatures they began to cough.

The hands let go of them retracting back into the earth. The creatures however began to cough more vigorously. Mushrooms began to push through their skin, eyes, and mouth. They attempted to scratch the mushrooms off, but it proved futile since the mushrooms quickly came back.

Once all of their entire bodies were covered in mushrooms they stopped writhing in pain. The mushrooms began to shake and the same arms came out again. However the hands began to push against the ground lifting the mushrooms up revealing:

 However the hands began to push against the ground lifting the mushrooms up revealing:

(That is terrifying.)