Part 26

His head spun uncannily, vision was blur. The voices were a hard to catch onto but a single line was heard clear throughout the chaos in his mind, "kya kar rahe ho aap (what are you doing)" the voice was slim and high pitched, feeble and scared.

Ram tried to put a face to the voice but couldn't, all he could draw the image in his mind of was that dark brown pair of eyes gazing at him, right into his soul. He did tried to remember the face but the more he tried the more he felt a sharp pain striking him.

He was panting, he realised, his heartbeats were on a race. His body was warm.

"Mujhe dar laga raha hai" the same voice ringed back in his head, but he was still trying hard to get hold of his breathe, within a few seconds he realised that it was not his breathe that was fanning his face but hers.

When his eyes focused, he saw a girl pinned under by him, her skin felt cold and her body went pale. His eyes dilated seeing her state. A wave of shock rippled through his whole body.

He felt dizzy, his head started spinning back and with a huffing breathe, Ram woke up.

Sweat dripped off his forehead, his body was covered in sweat, the shirt he wore stuck to his chest. For a second his eyes looked at nowhere, he was still lost into his dream, nightmare.

When his mind got a grip of the reality, he took a deep breathe. His body felt frozen, chills ran across within him. Sighing, he rubbed his palm on his arm and switched off the AC to settle the room temperature.

His eyes suddenly fixed on his hands, raising them up, he looked with disgust at them.

--------

The chaos in my mind is making me hollow from within, it's eating me up alive. Will I ever get redemption for the sin I've committed?

He scribbled those words in his diary. Sitting on the fancy circular chair in the balcony, he never liked it but now a days, it was like his usual pass timer, where he sits till the dawn to arrive.

Ram was never a diary writing person, he still isn't but he just writes randomly. Most of them are confessions, just heartfelt confessions. When it gets hard to concede within himself, he take that out on the paper.

Keeping the diary on the glass table infront. He took his phone out and clicked on the image Ronak sent.

A girl with fair brown complexion appeared on the screen, her eyes were the main features of her face. Anyone at first glance will only admire her eyes. It was an old photo Ram could tell, but atleast that was a lead, he took a deep breathe.

Ronak did turned out to be of great use, atleast he could get onto something else than the agent he hired for the same job.

"Hope to meet you soon..." Ram spoke to no one but hope that went straight to the person he meant. He just wanted a single chance, just to redeem himself from the grief.

------

"Is peehu really your daughter?" The words resounded crystal clear in her head. Priya did tried to ignore the irksome thoughts off her mind but it kept coming back to her.

Why was Mr. Kapoor interested in her life suddenly? She thought but it didn't took her much of a deduction to realise, what he said was the truth. She was really young to have a daughter this old, it's one of the compliment she gets but she doesn't take it as a cent of compliment, it irritates her when she gets questioned to be her own daughters mother.

"Why am I thinking so much about what he said" Priya muttered under her breathe and shrugged her shoulders. Punching the pillow on her couch as the stress relief, she took it and settled on the same side hugging it.