Part 63

"Sir Uthiye (Sir Get up)" After asking this to Ram for so many times, Rohan had to hold Ram by his arm and pull him up.

It has been minutes since Ram sat there with dried up tears, looking down, no words spoken. It concerned both Rohan and Kedar Ji to see him like that. His breath heaving chest was the only difference between him and a statue.

With much effort, they managed to get Ram up on his feet and back towards where the car was parked. Ram didn't said much, just followed where they took him.When they let go of him, Ram threw his body and rested his back to the door of the car.

"Rohan ji yeh toh baat hi nahi kar rahe (Rohan, he isn't talking)" Kedar Ji looked at Ram horrified.

"Sir.." Rohan shook Ram, "Please kuch boliye (Please say something)"

"Paani... (Water)" he said after a few seconds.

Quick on his feet, Kedar Ji got the bottle where Ram was sitting. Meanwhile, Ram got rid of his jacket almost ready to throw it on the ground but Rohan took it from him and kept it inside the car.

"Baithke pijiye (Sit and drink)" Kedar Ji suggested but Ram didn't listen and gulped half of the bottle in a go and coughed once he choked on the last few sips.

Shaking his head, Ram took the same water and splashed some on his face. When he raised his left hand to wipe his face, his hand started hurting. It's been days since he removed the support and the cast, but still it will take time to heal the injury from within, and for sure, when so many of those guards held him captive, he didn't think twice before shrugging them off with his left hand.

"Argh.." He moaned a little but shrugged it off like it wasn't bone crushingly painful.

"Mera bag (My bag)" He asked, "Piche hai (in the dickey)" Rohan pointed, Wondering what was going through Ram's mind.

"Please nikal do (Please get it out)" Ram requested, rather politely. Rohan nodded and got hold of both of their bags.

Ram took his belongings, checked for his wallet and phone and then looked at Rohan, "Thank you" saying he placed his hand on Rohan's shoulder, "For everything" he added.

Rohan was puzzled, "Matlab? (means?)"

"You no longer have to look for her. I will take care of it." Ram had such calm on his face that it was shocking. 'Wasn't he just sitting on the road like a nomad?' The thought occur to him.

"I will recommend your profile in my company, you can send me the resume" saying he took hold of his luggage.

"Thank you for your help as well" Ram forwarded his hand towards Kedar Ji who shook it, "Rohan, inke payment ka dekh lena (Rohan, look after his payment), send me the amount number, I'll have it transferred immediately"

Rohan just nodded, still processing how close they were to meeting Pooja. It was so unfortunate and he could only imagine the amount of remorse Ram must be going through. Yet, it looked like Ram had just wiped the agony off of his face and put on a new one.

"Aap abhi kaha ja rahe hai? (Where are you going now?)" Rohan couldn't help but ask.

Ram just pursed his lips and said after a brief second, "To do the job I sacrificed my honor for" and walked towards the Airport without giving a second glance behind.

---------

Around 1 AM. Bansi Kaka's phone buzzed, which startled him and seeing the caller ID, his heart skipped a beat.