Part 18

There was something odd about today, She realised. The entry of Ronak back in her life was maybe not a coincidence, she deemed.

'how can Ronak join the same firm as hers!' she was surprised at the turn of events. There are thousands of places he could've got job at, but ends up in the same building as hers, great.

When she first kept her feet in mumbai, she just wanted to move ahead of everything else and just focus on building a future. Future, was her focus, but she doesn't know why, just why she was recalling her past this much, was she recalling the past or the past has finally caught up with her? Her breathe hitched.

He was almost going to say the reality of her life loud, she recalled and it sent a shiver down her spine. Why he had to bring that up now? She didn't understand but one thing was for sure, she has to warn him again, atleast request him to keep it to him only.

Unlocking her apartment door, her hand went involuntarily to switch the lights on.

When the lights illuminated the dark hall, she took a sigh to see the rented place turning into a home. On her way back from Pune, she bought some of her things from there which has hasn't till now. Like her books which are arranged in her room, soon the book shelf will be here.

Her old clothes and accessories and some more things that brought back the old Priya within. The old Priya, she chuckled ruefully. Was there a place for old Priya in her present? She wondered, but even missed being the old Priya.

With the same thought she walked in front of the big mirror in her room. Looking at her reflection, she rolled her eyes up and down her frame and was surprised to see how different she looked. There were some facial changes she did noticed obviously, but then, she felt like a whole different persona than she used to be.

Taking a deep breathe with a big sigh, she shook her head and moved to make herself some light meal to call it a day.

---------

"Humara jana jaruri hai kya dadi?" A grating voice could be heard through the kitchen.

"Tumhari badi behen ki shadi hai Priya, jana toh padega" was a simple response from the old lady.

"Kaheki badi behen" the girl scowled but kept quite when the other person gave her a glare.

"Aur agar mujhe wo job nahi mili toh?" Priya played with her plait as thoughts of how the job was important for them crossed her mind.

"Abhi toh exams khatam hui hai beta, thode din waha ghum phir le, maje karle apne rishtedaron ke sath!" Dadi tried to convince but the girl was not at all.

"Huh! Reeshtedar" she murmured yet again.

"Dekh beta" the old lady turned her attention towards an annoyed Priya, "jindagi chalti jaati hai, hum purani baaton ko kabtak seene se lagate rahenge, aage bhi toh badhna hoga tumhe" She gave a pat on her shoulder.

"Par dadi.. jo kuch bhi unlogon ne kiya" Priya tried to say but dadi simply shook her head, "unme aur tujhme farak hai beta, isliye toh wo parae hai" she rolled her eyes but then caressed Priya's face adding "tu meri Priya hai, meri bahadur Priya" the old lady smiled so sweetly that a smile crept Priya's lips to.