Part 30

"Who must've sent the flowers?" was the latest question in the list of stressing her out things. There were very few people she was familiar with and most of them were right here in the office. Chopping down them one by one mentally, there, remained very few.

'Rohan?' She thought, but he was not here in Mumbai and after the dinner incident, him messing up with his job was not ideal and out of question for now.

'Rajat!' her heart leapt uncannily in her chest. she couldn't point what she felt about Rajat presenting her flowers. But, he can give it directly! why make all these efforts. She couldn't comprehend.

"Lost in someone's thoughts!" Came up a voice suddenly making her jump in her skin. Priya clutched her chest gasping to breathe and took a sigh when she saw no one but Sharon right behind her.

"Didn't mean to scare you" She apologized.

"It's Okay" Priya whispered barely, Shifting her focus back to what she intended to do.

Priya tried so hard not to turn her head and get into a conversation with Sharon who waited patiently behind her while she prepared Ram's coffee. On the other hand, Sharon stood wondering what was wrong with her and even had so many questions, as soon as she came, there was this grapevine going around about Priya receiving the flowers and as every other human being, interested in other's life, She to wanted each detail which no one knew.

Not having any more patience, She called her "Priya!" to which Priya replied with just a hum "What's with the flowers" a tinge of curiosity and jealousy evident in her voice.

Priya stood frozen for a brief second trying to form a proper response, still not turning around.

"It's okay yaar, you can tell me!" there was enthusiasm in Sharon's voice.

"There's nothing at all Sharon!" Priya replied genuinely.

"Oh come on Priya, I've seen you been busy on phone lately" Sharon tried to catch her off-guard. Her nonchalant comment did stun Priya, She wanted to give a convincing reply to her but none came up, "You better give this to Mr Kapoor before he gets more grumpy" she managed to hand over the mug into Sharon's hand and push her out of the small kitchen area.

"But!!!" Sharon tried to make a conversation but Priya dodged it smartly "we have work to do Sharon, we can talk about this later" which she agreed. Successfully escaping out of this conversation and with Sharon's back turned Priya took a sigh of relief just to get choked on it when Sharon turned abruptly "You can push me off Priya but how will you handle the team who are ready to tear off the new parcel that just arrived" Sharon looked over her shoulder at Priya who's eyes just dilated, "What parcel?" She asked but didn't wait for another second and ran past Sharon towards her desk.

Her pace slowed as soon as she saw her team grouped up around her desk covering it, peeking through. "God!" She blurted making her way through them and seeing Priya, they gave her space to go in not before teasing her individually while she walked past. Some asked her the common questions 'who sent it?' 'what's in it' 'who's the lucky one' and more.

Priya again dodged the questions with a nervous smile 'Don't you have work!' She wanted to shout but didn't. Instead, she took her seat.

"Open it Priya!" Sahil raised his voice from behind and everyone else backed him. She was in a fix, for one, She didn't know who sent it, and second, it can be anything, can be explosive! She wanted to say but remained silent cautious at the number of eyes fixed on her

"Come on, can't you show us!" Supriya asked looking at a lost Priya, "Don't be so secretive"

"Nothing like that" Priya spoke for the first time, "I don't know what's in it, that's why" Priya tried to reason her disinterest but they bought none.