Part 23

"Ye le (take this)" the Man held a bottle in his hand and handed him to the other guy on his side.

"Nahi (No)" the guy replied sharply.

Pissed by his denial, the elder Man held his hand firm and said, "oye, chup chap peele, aur andar ja mard ki tarah.. (drink it quietly and go inside like a Man)"

"Humara kaam to hogaya hai, mujhe andar janeki kya jarurat hai? (Our work is done, why should I go in?)" The young guy asked trying to find a way out of this situation.

"Hume kal subah jaldi nikalna padega, abhi niklenge to shak hoga (we have to leave early tomorrow, if we leave now, they will have doubt on us)" the Man replied,

"wese bhi, aaj bacche se mard banne ki raat hai teri, ja mere sher.. (anyways, today's the day you'd become a Man from a boy, go)" giving the young guy a pat on his back, the Man pressed the bottle on the young guy's lips and made him chug down half of the bottle.

"Khatam kar.. (finish it!)" The Man adamantly kept it stuck to his lips till he emptied the bottle. The young guy already started feeling drowsy and before he could stand on his feet, he was pushed in to the room and was locked in from outside.

--------

"Sir... Sir...SIR!!.."

"Huh!" Ram replied snapping out of his thoughts. When his eyes focused back onto the present, he saw Ronak standing there calling him.

"Tum yaha kya kar rahe ho? (What are you doing here?)" Ram asked having a slight amnesia suddenly.

Surprised by Ram's reply Ronak answered, "aap hi keh rahe the kisi kaam ke bareme Sir"

Getting a grip on himself, Ram shook his head wiping off the sweat on his forehead.

"You okay Sir?" Ronak asked in concern.

"I am fine" Ram said it sternly, "and.. about the work" Ram looked straight at him, "I want you to go to alwar"

"Alwar!" Ronak looked at him confused, "kyu Sir?"

"I want you to find someone" Ram said.

"Who!?" Ronak asked back.

"I will give you the details but you have to keep this a secret" Ram looked keenly at him keeping his voice low, "you will be leaving tomorrow"

"Par Sir.. what about the Project?" Ronak asked.

"Uski tum chinta mat karo, this is important (don't worry about that, this is important)" Ram greeted his teeth, "I'll pay you double your salary if you do this job for me" Ram offered sensing the discomfort in Ronak's posture but as soon as he heard about money, his stance changed.

"Are you serious?" He asked in disbelief.

Ram just simply nodded, "treat this as a holiday back home" Ronak smiled at his statement but was startled when Ram's gaze went serious, "but I want the job done as soon as possible"

--------

"Chalo.. I'll drop you!" Rajat came towards Priya.

She jumped in her skin hearing his voice suddenly, "jeez.. sorry!" Rajat chuckled seeing her getting startled. When he looked closely, he saw her gazing at Ram's cabin where he was talking to Ronak.

Seeing Ronak, his blood boiled, fisting his fingers hard he suppressed his emotions and looked back at Priya.

"What happened?" He asked her again.