Part 48

Hey all, I know you've been waiting for too long for this update, trust me.. I've been trying to write this from the moment I posted last part. Did managed to write 70% of the update only to scrap it all out cause it didn't lead to anywhere and felt like I was only running in circles with the story. So that's why the delay and it just blocked me entirely.

Somehow, got this scene in my mind and started writing it.. only to get past the barrier and complete this story while pushing it forward and not there itself.

So, hope you enjoy this one and let me know what you think.

Thanks a lot for understanding me... I am saying this again and again, but it means a lot..

Thank you.

P.S: slightly unedited.

--------

"appreciate the things Ram" Bansi Kaka's advice stuck to him thoroughly.

Now that he was alone in his room, like always but without the constant thoughts about going to the office complete his work and making profits. He realized that he had nothing else to think about.

Bansi Kaka and Vikram had ordered him not to go to the office till Monday and give himself some rest which seems so absurd to him. Now that he has survived one day without going to the office and tomorrow is already a week off, he felt quite good to be laid back for a while.

Does he really required such break? Was he being too harsh on himself? Does the quest to seek redemption had led to him ignoring his health?

The sudden accident and his willingness to not recover from it subconsciously, has raised this question that, does this wealth even matters? He knows he earned 'cause he wanted to, but who is there to share it with.

There's still his wife out there, maybe waiting for him to come back as he promised, but will he ever find her? will he ever get to tell her that he is sorry for whatever happened.

But counter to that thought, is she waiting? will she forgive him for his hideous behavior. For turning his back on her when she needed him the most.

The uncertainty of life has shaken his so called plan of being rich and then find his wife, win her over, get her back in his life. He now wondered that, he almost dodged death, what if, he never gets to see her before something happens to him, or worse, to her.

Ram hissed at the last thought closing his eyes. 'nothing has happened to her' He shook his head and stood up to open the blinds that he closed just in case the medicines would put him to sleep but they didn't.

His eyes wandered around his mansion premise. It was almost 1 am yet he could see lights on around the area. The area where he lived is a bit to the outskirts of the Mumbai, luxurious, and oozed nothing but richness. To be able to buy a bungalow here is a Man's dream but Ram not only bought this place, he rebuilt this Mansion on top of it.

He was proud of himself, but not happy.

To get rid of these harming thoughts, he decided to get some fresh air so he closed the window and moved out.

There were possibly 10 places where Ram can get fresh air that he needed, his very own balcony, multiple terraces and gardens but he decided to go this very spot at the back of his house, into this extended garden area which gave him a view towards the greenery and a constant breeze that soothed him.

Settling on the swing, he just let his body fall back into it. The cold rails of the swing made him hiss as they touched a part of his back, but it settled soon enough when he just let go of the unsettling cold and relished the softness and comfort of the mattress on top.