Part 11

Concerned.

"Tell them" Ram looked over at sharon finding it hard to speak as the team he asked to be here sharp at 9 was actually here.

"Guys, your task has been assigned and been mailed to you" Sharon looked at the only team standing. "If any doubt, you can either ask Rajat or contact me if you want to disturb Ram Sir" she gave a over sweet smile to Ram who had a plain face.

"Clear!" His voice as thin as the joy on the floor.

"Yes, Sir!" The reply came in chorus.

"Get to work" he signed them but turned towards sharon.

"Ahhh..." He was to ask but Sharon completed it, "Coffee?" To which he nodded in affirmation.

---------

Ram felt much better after the hot beverage slipped smooth through his throat soothing the irritation. His mind still trying to focus on his work but the ache was hammering him constantly.

Shrugging his thoughts he focused on executing the next set of tasks he had to assign to the team. He was expecting the assigned task to be submitted before lunch so that he could work on the presentation to be given a day later.

With nothing to do right at the moment Ram just gazed around the cabin to take in how it was. He's been here for more than a week and haven't mind setting it up. Getting up from his chair, he took a stroll around to see then old things. He even gazed out of the window to catch something of intrest but nothing appealed him much.

Giving up in the quest to find interest out, he decided to take a look outside and with that thought, he opened his cabin door making every eye turn towards him. With the door opened halfway, he gave them a look but ended up closing it back and settling back on his seat.

He feels like a prisoner in this office, he shook his head. They all gawked at him with such a look that irked him and he ended up opening his laptop again and looking for some pending work from his own office.

While he checked through his mail, it pinged with a new incoming mail. Looking at the ID he was a bit surprised.

Giving a glance at his watch he saw it was just been an hour he assigned the task and the mighty Priya has already submitted her work, he chuckled but immediately dissolved the smile on his face. Her job was the simplest, he cajoled his heart.

Soon enough, the team submitted their works one by one before the deadline and he was slightly convinced that this team would actually work.

Nevertheless, he gathered and analyzed each report and continued to add or minus points from his presentation.

The time flied as he was back to focusing on his work that the rattling voices over the floor had him heed.

"You can take a break" he asked sharon after giving a look at his clock which showed the time for lunch.

Sharon who was waiting for his permission smiled and took her exit in seconds leaving Ram alone. A rueful smile spread across his lips to see how simply she just left even without asking him to join.

Was he expecting them to be polite to him? He wondered but the next second he kept that thought aside. Work place is for work to be done and not to socialize, was his moto. Was that his moto or his nature that didn't helped him make friends, he didn't knew, but with a heavy throbbing head, he got up and made his move towards the lunch room.

Everyone were already settled over the table and for his surprise, priya was also sitting with their team. Her eyes were the first to look at him and as if caught, he lowered his gaze and moved to order something to dispose down his throat, for the sake of his health which seemed a bit off today.