Part 24

"Papa, Peehu, Breakfast's ready!" Priya ran across the hall getting her things together and also looking at the things she packed for the return journey of the other two, while also serving three plates.

For her, weekend literally meant family time as these are the two days she gets to stay with Peehu and her family. Responsibilities came up on her suddenly but she didn't let it push her down, she held herself high and balanced everything out.

Even though Peehu was here in mumbai, it was not less hectic for her as she wasn't traveling, but the doctor's appointment, the number of new test they had to go through exhausted them.

Peehu and she didn't had much of talking, but Priya was glad she was right besides her, atleast she could see Peehu, feel her near, hold her close and that's what all matters at the end of the day.

"Mumma mere paranthe! (Mumma my paranthas!)" Peehu came up running towards the hall and tugged her kurti the first thing.

"Ha baba, paranthe hi hai (yes baby, paranthas only)" Priya took her baby up in her arms, a gasp escaped her lips when she tried to pick peehu up straight like she used to do before, she struggled a bit but managed to pick her up and tug her on her waist.

Seeing Priya struggle for a second, Sudhir chuckled and gave her a known smile. Peehu was growing, she was not her little princess who'd stay up on her all day and that's when Priya suddenly noticed that she looked a bit taller to.

It shook her, her own daughter looked different to her, at that moment she felt like an outsider, she is missing so much of her baby's childhood, that it hurts in her guts.

Not anymore, she took a deep breathe before her emotions could choke her up.

Settling on the two chaired dinning table with Peehu on her lap, she patiently fed her daughter remencsing the last few moments before she'd be gone for the week back.

"Tu kab nikal rahi hai? (When are you leaving?)" Sudhir asked munching on the parantha.

"Abhi niklungi papa, call time 9 ka hai (will leave right now, call time is of 9)" Priya informed tearing another piece of parantha for Peehu.

"Humari cab bhi abhi ati hogi (our cab will be here soon)" Sudhir said and soon there was a call of his phone, picking it up he confirmed that it was the driver who was going to reach within minutes.

Finishing their breakfasts quick, they did the last minute check and took the belongings to move.

"Okay Peehu, now that you have ate paranthas, you can't have more oily food for the week" Priya warned her checking her for the last time.

"Yes mamma" Peehu rolled her eyes listening to her mother instructing for the 10th time from the morning.

"Ab me choti nahi rahi, badi hogae hu (now am not small, I am big)" She said it in such a way that it stunned Priya for a second.

Priya had a serene smile on her face, "aap kitne bhi bade hojao, mere liye toh aap mere bacche hi rahoge (you grow as much as you want, you'll always be a baby to me)" she moved her palm on Peehu's cheek.

"I will miss you" Peehu saw the tinge of sadness in her mother's eyes and that made her emotional to.

"Are.. bas kuch dino ki baat beta, ab tumhare exams khatam hojaenge, phir hum humesha ek eath rahenge yaha (just a matter of days, then we'd be staying together forever here)" Priya cupped her chin making her understand.