Part 33

"Yeah, I am in the cab right now" Priya informed over the phone while the driver started the car, "yes, have sent you the details," she said further keeping it short.

"Okay" was all Neha on the other side could say, "you okay Priya?" She asked feeling Priya's voice a bit low than usual.

Priya paused before answering, "Ye.. yeah... I am alright" that's all she could muster at that moment.

Not pestering more, "see ya soon" Neha cut the call after Priya hummed in response. After disconnecting the call, Priya leaned onto the window whilst the driver politely asked if he can play some music to which she responded in affirmation.

Retro beats filled the car soothing her somehow, she just gladly appreciated the songs while pondering on her thoughts.

-----

"What?" Ram clicked his tongue in annoyance when Vikram was doing nothing else than glaring at him.

"I should be asking you the same" Vikram kept his words tight and short, hoping to convey the gravity of the situation.

"I've already said what I've said" not being responsible for the chaos, Ram blurted, "I told you Vikram, work comes first" his voice still having the rage from the conversation he had with Priya "this is a workplace and I'd like to keep it that way" Vikram pursed his lips hard "besides, the way Ms. Sharma behaved she had this coming her way long time" Ram shrugged his shoulders casually.

Vikram just looked at his friend in disbelief, after moments of sinking what transpired, he just spoke a few words, "you think you did nothing wrong?" His jaw wide with the sheer insensitivity his friend had whilst speaking about a lady, least he has seen.

"No" was a strong reply from Ram's side, though he didn't hesitate to say so, Vikram's distorted face had him heed.

Vikram, dumbfounded didn't replied much and started gathering his things , "Alright then, hope you have a good night" He buttoned his suit ready to leave.

"Where are you going? Your car's broken, I'll drop you" Ram informed.

"No Ram" Vikram smiled through his pursed lips "you've already did so much" his eyes boring into Ram's "I will manage" saying he pushed the door open and rushed out taking his phone from his pocket. The first thing he did was dial Priya's number.

-------

With eyes closed and swaying within her mind to the tunes of old classics, Priya's consolidated peace was broken by the ring of her phone. Scrunching her brows and eyes, she decided not to pick that up and with that tussle in her mind, the phone went off pretty quick.

She sighed to hear it go off but not for too long as it ringed back again making her open her eyes from her peaceful moment and search for the device which she harshly had threw well within her purse.

Till she could find the phone, it went off again and when Priya found it, she was growling inwards at who was calling her desparately. When she unlocked it and looked at the ID, she was partially surprised to see Vikram's missed call.

She was in two minds as in what to do. One, he was still in the office and with Ram and two, he was off the office and calling her. The mention of Ram's name made her stomach churn and that churn left a bitter taste in her mouth that she literally shook her head before her mind exploded.

Her phone ringed back in her hands and this time, she took a deep breathe before picking it.

Pressing it to her ears she was to greet Vikram but he bombarded her with questions "Hello!... Priya you okay?, where are you? Why are you not picking up my calls? atleast pick your phone or text me if you can't" He was huffing with all the questions fired in a single breathe.