Chapter 6 - Meeting (1)

Comenzar desde el principio

"Why didn't you answer my call earlier?!"

"Uhm, because I know you will be just asking me for cheat codes on your game."

"Whatever. Check the email I sent you, you will be meeting a CEO on behalf of me at 2 pm. Don't be late, or else I will remove your high score in the bowling room."

"Whatever, as well. Bye-bye." I said and ended the call.

\\\\\

Lee Chaeyeon's POV

I woke up a bit late, but thankfully Yuri woke me up. She told me I had a hectic schedule for today, meetings after meetings. I know she saw Yena on my bed when she woke me up, she even stayed there for a few minutes.

I didn't further ask her when I saw her left the room with tears in her eyes. If she wants to speak, she will talk, but for now, I will just watch this bittersweet interaction.

We left my penthouse as soon as I finished preparing, and we were just still throughout the ride. I pressed the radio on, and weirdly it was playing Nostalgia.

I looked at her to find tears in her eyes, which made me switch off the radio, but she opened it again. As if she was loving the memories come back, and play with her.

"Joyul, what is my schedule for today?" I asked trying to divert her thoughts, and it worked.

"You have a meeting with the secretary of the Blossom Company, and the board of directors is requesting a meeting with you." She said.

"Can you tell me more about the Blossom Company?"

"It is the main clothing brand in Japan. It was found in the 1940s, and they are still relevant to this time. It is currently being handled by the Sakura Miyawaki, a well-known model and CEO. Her secretary is very reserved, there were no leaked photos of her as of now, and the only information that I got was she is a girl."

"What will be the topic of the meeting?"

"Collaboration for a summer collection."

"It looks like the Duck's story happened," I whispered enough for me to hear.

Yuri parked the car and I entered the building. Same old thing, they bowed, and I nod. I saw Yuri standing beside the elevator, waiting for me.

"Such a gentlewoman, you make my heart flutter," I said jokingly which made her push me inside the elevator.

"Aw, such an annoying boss you are." She said and pressed the button for my office.

While we were just standing there, Yuri's tablet made a sound. I took a peek and saw it was a message from the Secretary of the Blossom Company.

Aigoo, they were already messaging each other, and yet they did not know.

"What did the secretary said?"

"Oh, you saw that? She just said she will be getting us gifts, welcoming gifts."

"What did you told her?"

"It was not necessary since she will be coming to our company. We are supposed to be the ones who welcome her."

"Good." I immediately took my phone out and messaged the duck.

IQuackYou

Buy flowers, the one you first gave to Yuri, and carry it throughout the day.

sent

Why though?

seen

Just trust me.

sent

Big word, but okay.

seen

You will be happy.

sent

"Who are you texting?" Yuri asked.

"Oh, just someone," I said while placing my phone in my pocket.

"The last time you said "someone" it was Yena."

"Mhmm." I never did reject the thought nor accept it. I will be the cupid for today. 

\\\\\

I was waiting for the time to turn to 2 pm. 15 minutes to go. By this time, Yena should be in the lobby. 14 minutes, she should be at the elevator. I was the one getting nervous instead of them, I mean they don't know yet. I took a water bottle and jug it until the last drop. I hope it goes well.

"Miss Lee, the secretary is on her way now. Get out of your office and let's welcome her." This is it.

I took my blazer and wore it. I left my office and found Yuri standing beside the elevator.

"Eager, aren't we?" I said to her.

"Not really, but it will be exciting since no one has seen the secretary's face till now." She said while fixing her blouse.

"Let us see."

The moment the elevator opened, both the duck and hamster's face was shocked.

"Yena?" "Yuri?" They both said at the same time.

"And Chaeyeon," I said which made them look at me.

"So you must be the secretary, right?" I asked Yena.

"Ah, yes. Ms. Choi Yena, from Blossom Company." She was about to handshake my hand, but the flowers she was carrying was blocking the way.

"Yuri, can you get the flowers from her?" I asked politely which made Yena step on my shoe.

"No, it is fine," Yena said and gripped on my hand way too hard.

"I insist. We will be working side by side now." Yuri said and took the flower to her side.

"Thank you, Yuri."

"It is Ms. Jo, for you." She said and went to the meeting room.

"Oh, strict love. I love it." I said which made Yena look at me.

"Thank you for telling me." She said while smiling like a fool.

\\\\\

Author's note:
Yena's dream was not fake? Why is Chaeryeong wide awake early? Will Bossy Cat join the meeting?

Aigoo, cupid Chaeyeon. The savior and the best. 

I hope you liked this chapter, and thank you! - UnicornS