CHAPTER 37 : The Game Plan

Ben's POV

It's been three days, since I'm a 'guest' for Leo. I'm quite sure, he is aware of Maya's disappearance. It's a miracle, he hasn't taken his frustration out on me yet.What is he planning anyways? I sighed audibly, which brought Phillip's attention. I know he is too loyal to Leo to betray him but there is no harm in trying right?

“What is his name..Your son, I mean?
How old is he?”he fiddled with his gun for a while, thinking wheather to answer or not. When I thought it was a waste of time, he surprised me by speaking up. “Evan. He turned 16 this year.”he said,with a smile. I smiled back. “When was last time you saw him.” my question took him off guard. He stood up and started pacing the room. Did I hit a nurve or something?

“The last I saw him was, when he was taken away by the couple, who adopted him from the orphanage, I put him in.” I understand that feeling.
“I know, how you feel Phillips. I died every single second, I spent away from my baby. But it was too late for me to realize that, I haven't sent her there for her safety but thrown her into a hell hole, which turned out to be her biggest nightmare. We looked at each other's eyes with understanding.

Then it hit me suddenly. “Wait a second. Did you said Evan? As in the boy who was close to Maya, in the orphanage, before he was taken.”he blinked at me confused. “I have no Idea.”he said taking his seat back. I can't believe god is with me this time.
“Philips? I believe, I know where your son is.” He looked at me socked. “Why would I believe you? There is a possibility, you are tricking me.”

I shaked my head at him. “I won't play about something like this Phillips. You have to trust me on that. I know the couple personally, who adopted your son.”he looked restless now. “Then prove it.” sure why not. “Bring my phone.”he narrowed his eyes on me, but took out my phone from his side pocket. ‘PIN’ he asked. I gave away my pin and once it was unlocked, I walked him through my phone apps.

“Go to the images for last year, April. I was invited to his promotion party. I'm sure, I have a group photo with his family. Evan is there too.” The way, his face lit up, I'm sure he found it. “C...Can I transfer his images to my phone?” he was so hopeful, it made my heart ache. “Sure. I can't deprive a father of his rights.” I smiled at him.

He offered a small thanks after transferring the images. “Do you know anything else about him?”he asked excited. “Not much, but he is very shy and he is planning to pursue mechanical Engineering, what I have heard from his father...I...I mean,my colleague. He is in good hands, trust me.” Not able to call yourself their father, it's too painful.

I can feel his pain, because I went through it at some point of time. Phillips looked broken but happy at the same time. “Good to know. So, do you have any plans to bring Leo down, or you expected for some miracle to happen?”he asked with an amused look. I chuckled but answered him anyways. “No actually, I thought, you would help me some how. Can I atleast expact that?”

I asked,with my fingers crossed. He nod his head and returned my phone.
“I'll give you 5 minutes. Call whoever you want. Once back, I'll tell you what to do.”he stepped out of the room, giving me some privacy. Thank God. Without wasting time, I dialed Roman's number. He picked up immediately. “Ben, is that you?” he was panicking. “Yes it's me. Listen, I don't have much time. Is Maya safe?”

There was pause and then he answered with a dejected voice. “Yes, we send her with Mr. Moleta. Ben, is there anyway, we could bring her back... I..I mean..”he cleared his throat. “She was not at all happy, when we asked her to go with that old man.” I chucked, imagining their faces,when Maya would have given them a piece of her mind. “Don't worry Roman, I found a loop in Leo's Army. He's going down soon. Be alert and careful. And as per the plan, start contacting as many rivals as you can against Leo. It's almost time.”