CHAPTER 11: BEST BIRTHDAY EVER

Maya

After dinner, Rose insisted on cleaning the kitchen and do the dishes. I was about to bicker but, my phone vibrated and when I checked, it was uncle. My face lit up. I quickly offered a thanks to her and excused myself to take the call.

I ran towards my current room, without giving a second glance toward the guests. If I wasn't in a hurry to attend the call, I would have noticed there longing face.

As soon as I entered the bedroom, I clicked the answer button and closed the door behind me.

"Hello...What took you so long princess?" asked uncle as soon as I took the call. "I was helping Rose in the kitchen. Did you have your dinner yet?" I asked sitting on my bed.

"No, I just came back from work. I thought I would give you a call before I take a bath. Were you waiting for me?" Uncle asked. I nodded by head, even if he can't see me. "Yes. And I missed you." He chuckled. "I miss you all the time sweety." he said with a dejected voice.

"Whats the plan for tomorrow? I heard Rose ordered a very big cake for you." he asked. "Really? She didn't tell me anything about it?" It must have slipped her mind, when she found the unexpected guest at home.

"Oh shoot. Don't tell her I told you. I think, It was supposed to be a surprise." he said, clearly panicking." I laughed.

"Don't worry. When I see it tomorrow, I'll act surprised." I said, clearly amused by his current fright mode. "Umn uncle Ben?" I asked hesitantly. Even if I know it's not safe for him to come here. "Yes, cup cake." he replied.

"Will you be able to...I..I mean, may be not tomorrow...the day a..after may be..."I stuttered. He sighed audibly. I can clearly see his downcast situation but I wanted to try one last time. I really want to see him. "Sweetheart you know, If I could, I would right? You know how much I want to be there with you tomorrow right?"

I can imagine how he must be feeling right now. But I know I cannot enjoy this day without him. I was about to say it's ok for his mental peace but, he stopped me. "One sec princess. I have to take this call. I'll be right back." He said, before disconnecting the call.

"Ok" I said, even if he can't hear me. Without even moving from my sitting position, I laid on my back, looking at the cealing.

I don't remember, when I slipped, but when next I got up, my head was placed on the pillow and the duvet was covering my body. I looked around puzzled. Rose must have come up while I was in deep sleep.

A smile spread on my face. Not that she shows, but she's really caring. I checked the time. It was 6 in the morning. Wow I must have slept like dead, because I don't remember anything after lying on my back.

Even if it's early, I don't think I want to go back to sleep anymore so, I decided to freshun up and go downstairs. I checked my phone and found One missed call and 2 msg from uncle.

I'm sorry princess. The call took a while. Are you sleeping?

I think you are sleeping...Good night cupcake.

That was the last msg from him...11pm. Ok. Let's call him back afterwards. I took my time in shower and than wore a black short with pink t shirt and braided my hair.