CHAPTER 2 : THE SHOOTING STAR

Most of the p.o.v are from Maya as of now... Untill it changes.

I woke up early as planned and finished my morning routine. Then went to the kitchen to make my uncle's favorite. I started with coffee. Then made combined Orange and sweet lime juice.(please try it's really delicious.)I also made French toast and toped it with chocolate syrup and strawberries, the way he likes it. Also added the blue berry cupcakes to his plate, which I made yesterday and arranged everything on the dining table. As I was about to go and wake him up, I saw him coming down the stairs.

"Good morning sweety. What are you doing up this early?" He asked eyeing the table full of his favorites and his eyes lit up. "You made all these on your own?" he asked in awe. "Yes, I wanted to surprise you. Sit down." I said. "Tell me how is it?"

He sat with excitement and as predicted started with the French toast with chocolate syrup. "Hmnnnn.." He stuffed his mouth with it and gulped with the juice. "Mind blowing" he said. "Thank you so much pumpkin...best breakfast after a long time. I love you so much. Let's eat together, or there won't be anything left for you." he said teasingly.

"Don't worry old man, I have made enough for both of us." Suddenly, he pinched both my cheeks painfully. "When you'll get your own kids, and I'll be a proud grandfather, I would still look so stunning that your daughter would like to go on a date with me, got it?" he said, letting my cheeks go. "Oh, and what if I have a son?" I asked, amused. He gave it a thought, taking a bite from the cupcake. "Then I would go with my grandson and we'll find hot chicks together." I burst out laughing, followed by him.

Catching our breaths after sometime, we had the remaining food in peace. After that, he said he was going to meet some new clients which was pre planned. "Sorry sweety. I know you are upset that I'm not spending much time with you now a days. I swear, when your birthday comes, I would take few days off, atleast 4 days and will go on a vaccation. How does that sound?" he said with a sad face.

"Im not upset about that Uncle Ben, I'm worried about your health. You hardly sleep for 5 hours a day. Its gonna affect badly in the future." I said with a frown on my face. "I know sweety. Its just a matter of couple of weeks. Then the paperworks will be over and we can spend as much time as we want together. Watching TV, going out and of course, I'll sleep like a baby." He made a face, which bought a small smile on my face. "Cheer up, I'm going to be late. Call me if you need anything. You know what, let's have dinner outside. I'll give you a call before I start." I nodded, giving him a tight hug and wished him a good day, before he left.

It's weekend and I have nothing much to do, so I decided to clean the house and do the laundry. After almost 3 hours, most of my works were done. It was only 11, so I though of spending some time with my only friend, my violin. I play it when ever I'm happy or sad. Today I felt alone, no matter what I do. My mind went back to the painful memories of my past.

There are few thing that even uncle doesn't know about me and I would like to keep it that way. My horrible past, before uncle took me in. He doesn't know what I went through in the orphanage. I was abused, physically and mentally. I tried to run away several times but, was always caught by the Warden. I was 8 when it all started.

[Trigger..I totally am against child abuse. But people who don't want to read this, please skip the flashback part.]

Flashback...

"Come on kids stand in a line. Don't break it. I am watching." the lady in white dress said. We are currently waiting in a line to get out annual vaccines.