Cleo's eyes widened, a gasp escaped Anida's mouth while Chris stared at the note in disbelief. They continued

"Your grandmother, Alliya, Takashi Hamadai(senior), and I were very good friends. Takashi and I loved Alliya equally but she chose Takashi. I wanted to be happy for my best friend but I couldn't. I wanted Alliya all to myself. I let my envy blind me and I made the worst mistake of my life. I killed him. I killed my best friend. I pushed him down a cliff and watched as his body was impaled by sharp rocks"

The three couldn't believe it. Anida had her hands over her mouth. Cleo's hands trembled as she held the note. Chris was just overwhelmed. They simply couldn't believe it. This certainly isn't the person that taught them honor and virtues. It couldn't. It just couldn't.

"I had no idea what came over me. I regretted it immediately I did it. His eyes still haunt me. He was warned about the long lasting vendetta between our families but he ignored it. He made me his friend, his brother and I betrayed him. His grey eyes once full of life and cheerfulness were hurt, cold and dead. Till this day, I will never forgive myself for what I did to him. The present Takashi saw everything. I will never forget the disbelief and shock in his eyes. He was fond of me as I him. He was like a son to me. I am a monster. I destroyed his childhood. I made him become a vicious murderer that ended the Futanaga clan in cold blood. I tried to talk to him but he ran far away. The tears in his eyes as he saw his father's impaled body. That was the last time I saw him. I took Alliya with me and fled. I told her everything. She was overwhelmed, so overwhelmed. After five long years, I earned her trust, love and forgiveness.We had our children. We watched them grow. We were happy. I actually thought Takashi somehow forgave me but I was wrong. In the year of your birth Cleo, the Hamadais led by Takashi's son found us. It was just a surprise. The entire Futanaga clan came to visit you Cleo. To celebrate your birth.

The once cheerful boy I knew had a very cold stare and an evil grin on his face. Jasmine, your mother tried to save you. She told us to save you. And we did. Amidst the chaos and bloodshed, we managed to escape but at the expense of the Futanaga clan. Everything was burnt to the ground. Everything I worked for went up in flames. The innocent lives of the clan taken away from them because of me. I caused your suffering. I caused your pain. You deserved a normal childhood. I dragged you and your friends into this war and you might lose your lives. I thought of the floating sword. I made it my mission to find it. To make a wish. To wish that I could go back in time and prevent everything. I know I don't deserve your forgiveness Cleo but I'll still ask for it. I'll wait till you do. I am deeply sorry for all the pain I've caused you. I'm sorry for lying to you. I'm sorry for everything. You can find the floating sword and wish upon it. If you wish to make me see my end.. So be it. I deserve to be punished for all that I have done.

But remember this Cleopatra, Christian, Anidabella. I truly love you three. You made me so proud. You are brave, strong, loyal. You three are everything I'm not and I'm extremely proud to have taught you. I love you three. My ninjas"

Tears spilled out from Cleo's eyes as she held the note. Her hands trembling. Her heart aching. It was just too much. She was fine with not having parents. She was fine with risking her life fighting along side her friends for the greater good. But she couldn't take grandpa's betrayal. He lied to her. She felt used. They all felt used. She wanted to tell herself it was all a lie. A big lie but she couldn't. It was all true. She loved and trusted her grandpa. And yet he made her like that. Her parents and relatives were dead and burnt to the ground. All because of him. Her own family did this to her. She wanted to tear the note in her hands but Chris was fast enough. He took it from her and handed it to Anida who still stared at the note, shocked.

"Tell me its not true Chris" she grabbed his collar shaking him
"TELL ME IT'S NOT TRUE"

Chris was silent

"ANSWER ME, CHRIS"She yelled, shaking the boy furiously. Tears rolling down her cheeks

"Cleo" he said softly, trying to loosen the girl's grip on his collar but she tightened it, making it hard for the blond to breathe.

"IT'S ALL A DREAM, RIGHT?" She laughed, glancing at her friends who exchanged worried glances.

Anida swallowed a lump in her throat "It's not a dream" her voice was hoarse.

Cleo cried louder, her grip on Chris's collar loosened. She fell to the floor, crying her heart out

Chris wrapped his arms around her. "I'm sorry Cleo." He whispered. "I'm so sorry"

Anida hugged Cleo from behind, stroking her hair and letting her let it all out. Chris winced as he felt Cleo's sharp nails pierce his skin, blood and tears staining his white shirt. He ignored it, rocking his friend back and forth, humming. The humming seemed to calm her down and soon she fell asleep on Chris holding him tightly, even scratching him in the process with tears still on her face. Anida wiped her face gently, relieved that at least her friend had stopped crying. Cleo had been through a lot in the recent days. She was worried for her. She watched as Chris stroked her hair gently, handling her like a piece of glass. Afraid she might shatter any moment now.

"Will she be okay?"Anida asked. Her green orbs full of concern

Chris sighed, sadness in his usually bright blue eyes
"I don't know. I hate seeing her like this"

"Me too"

They sat in silence, watching their friend sleep. She needed it. In fact they all do.

Chris gently carried Cleo to her bed with Anida behind him. He placed the dark skinned girl gently on the bed, covering her with the blanket.
She started whimpering when she couldn't feel the warm bodies of her friends next to her.

She opened her eyes slightly
"Don't go. Stay" she mumbled

Her friends gladly laid down at either of her sides. Chris and Anida wrapped their arms around her comforting her. Cleo sighed in content as she was surrounded by their warmth. Soon enough the three friends drifted off to sleep having only each other to rely on.