Music Club

Club Day had officially arrived at your school. The basic gist of it was to have the 50 or so clubs from around the school recruit people into their ranks and claim they can be big and active and blah, blah, blah. The point was though, just walking around the gym of the school was just insanely loud and barely anyone could hear anything. You had no idea why you walked in there anyway. You weren't interested in any clubs at all that much, you guess you just wanted to waste some time. However, as you were walking, you did see a small stand in the corner of the room with a sign reading "Music Club".

There was a girl sitting behind the booth, seemingly not caring all too much as people skipped by almost not even noticing her. You weren't a big music guy either but you shrugged and walked up to the booth. When the girl did notice you, she readjusted herself, sat up straight and looked at you in the eye.

Girl: Interested?

(Y/N): Maybe. Basic gist of this? I mean, what's the difference between this and the band?

Girl: Well, the bad is more orchestral. Here, we're more casual. Handling different genres as well. Something you'd been interested in?

(Y/N): Maybe. I mean, I'm not THAT big into music or musical production.

Girl: Well, first time for everything.

(Y/N): Can't argue with that logic I guess.

You chuckled and signed up for the club. You saw the girl smile as she handed you a card with contact information. You both smiled back to one another, waved goodbye and you walked off. As you were walking away, you looked down at the card and lead the name: Kyoka Jiro: Music Club President.

A couple days went by and school was still as persistent as ever. it wasn't too much to worry about. A couple of tests, pop quizzes and readings. Everything was fine. It was then when you got an email from Jiro telling you about a meeting later this week. What surprised you was the fact that there were only around six or seven people in the email chain. You thought there were more people who signed up...maybe? Either way, you decided to head on down to check things out. So, you got the date, told your parents and decided to head on out to this thing.

When you walked in, you saw some people inside the room, all already doing some minor work with instruments. You didn't know what to do or say so you walked in and took a seat. After a couple of seconds, Jiro walked in and smiled at seeing you and waved a "hello". You nodded back and she walked over to a podium to begin the club.

Jiro: Hello everyone and welcome to the first official meeting of the Music Club. I am the president, Kyoka Jiro. So...this seems to be everyone. Now then...uh...continue with the instruments you feel comfortable with. By the end of today, you will need to pick one so we can develop those skills next week.

The other members nodded and continued to work. You walked over and grabbed a guitar and strummed it a little. You glanced up and saw Jiro walking around and checking up on people and their progress. That little opening she gave, it was weird. Almost like she didn't know what she was exactly doing. But at the same time, you did have to admire her for taking a helm and leading quickly.

You turned your head upwards and saw that Jiro was making her way over to you. She gave you a bit of a smile as you strummed the guitar a bit more.

Jiro: Thinking about that one?

(Y/N): Maybe. It's alright.

Jiro: Well, for starters, you could show some enthusiasm. That and also you could learn the proper strings.

(Y/N): Well, it's a good thing I came here then.

Jiro smiled at you as you began to do some research and proper guitar holdings and lessons. After looking around, you were surprise by just how complicated the instrument could be at times. Regardless, you practice enough to know a few bits of the basics here and there. So, the following week, when you walked into music club with your guitar, you were excited.

However, once you walked in, you saw that a lot of people had left. Heck, it was just you, Jiro and like three other people. You turned back to Jiro as you walked in and saw she looked a little distressed. She must have saw you walk over because as you did, she perked her head up.

(Y/N): Everything ok? Or, better yet, where even is everybody.

Jiro: Whatcha see is whatcha get. Everyone either told me off, thinking I was expecting too much from them or got bored on day one and quit.

(Y/N): I'm so sorry, Jiro.

Jiro: Eh, it's out of my control. What about you?

(Y/N): Was able to learn the basics and think I have a good handle on things so far. Ready whenever you are.

Jiro smiled at you and you played a bit. She did have her criticism, but nothing grueling or cruel. Over the course of the club, the six of you all really got to know one another somewhat well. Kaminari was pretty cool guy, bit of a jokester which made him a lot of fun to mess with. Bakugo was easily identified as the loner of the group. Yaoyorozu was there to act as Jiro's support, being her best friend and all. And the others all seemed pretty cool as well.

Then the club came winding down and people bolted before your eyes. You and Jiro were the last two, as you worked on the strings she had been directing you about the entire time period. After you played a pretty sweet song on the acoustic, you turned up to her and smiled. She gave you a good smile back.

(Y/N): So?

Jiro: Improvement is there. That is certain. Although, you did play some of the wrong strings.

(Y/N): Why do you think I cussed myself out under my breath a couple of times.

Jiro: You're not Bille Joe Armstrong.

(Y/N): Geez, dont need to crush my hopes and dreams here.

Jiro giggled slightly which you smiled back at her for. You both then locked eyes and quickly glanced away from one another. You coughed a bit to regain some focus on conversation and not the awkward air around you both.

Jiro: So then, you want a quick lesson or are you going to call it a day?

(Y/N): I would, but my english teacher has a test planned tomorrow for us.

Jiro: Present Mic?

(Y/N): Yeah. Have him too.

Jiro: Yeah. He's kinda weird though. And what's with the outfit.

(Y/N): I know right!

You both chuckled a bit as you continue to make jokes about your english teacher. You then got a text from our mother letting you know she was outside. With that said, you wished Jiro a goodbye and planned to meet up with her at a later date.

The school year continued onward with the usual hitches here and there. And all the while, you practiced your guitar, went to music club and slowly began to improve in your skill level. A couple of weeks went by and it was nearing summer break and the end of the first semester at high school. Like before, the club was just filled with you and Jiro, just hanging out a bit. You were playing some notes as Jiro was woking on some homework.

Jiro: So...

(Y/N): So?

Jiro: I was thinking...what if we made music club into a band?

You cocked an eyebrow at her.

Jiro: I'm serious. I know guitar like you. And basically everyone else chose rock instruments. Well?

(Y/N): You're crazy, I'll give you that.

Jiro: Well, aren't you in or out?

(Y/N): Alright, alright. I'm in if the others are. So, you're our vocals then.

Jiro: I...well-

(Y/N): You suggested it. You started and ran this club. So, I hope you can sing.

Jiro: I mean...parents are musicians and...yeah. I can.

You smiled and stood up, placing your hand on her shoulder.

(Y/N): Then let's get to work.

Jiro smiled at you and you smiled back. The idea was cemented, seeds were growing and this little club was about to get much more insane than anything else. And you loved everything about it.