I'm Not Joking

You had come off of work as a pro hero and just wanted to spend the day relaxing. However, that was going to be happening any time soon with the coworking at your agency and your long-time girlfriend, Emi Fukukado better known to the world as Ms. Joke. While she did get on your nerves a bit, it was never really that big of an issue. Either way, it was always a ride.

You crashed at your desk back at the agency and sighed before letting out a small scream in pain. Work was brutal that day. A couple of bank robbers, a homicide report, chasing down three different A-Ranked villains and other crap. You were just happy that you could get off work early today since it was the weekend and you got off on those two days with Emi. You let the relaxation process begin only for Joke to land in a chair beside you and get in your face.

(Y/N): Joke, why?

Ms. Joke: Because I like seeing you.

(Y/N): Like a depressed man. Go talk to Eraser if you want that.

Ms. Joke: But Eraser's no fun. You are though.

(Y/N): I get it. Innuendo. Nice.

Joke rolled her eyes and took your head and placed it on her shoulder. You sighed and scooted over to her a bit so you were in a less awkward position. After a little bit, you sighed and nearly dozed off.

Ms. Joke: You ok?

(Y/N): Joke...let me sleep for a bit.

Ms. Joke: You can sleep in the car ride home.

(Y/N): Oh come on Emi, you are not going to make me get up and-

You began to laugh controllably to the point where you nearly fell out of your desk. You went to the ground, tears now falling from your eyes due to the uncontrollable laughter. Joke giggled a bit before kneeling down and deactivating your quirk. She pushed your chair in and helped you up and let you lean on her for support. You both were almost out of the office until you regained your composure. You got out of Joke's hold and turned to her.

(Y/N): You. Did not have to use your quirk at all.

Ms. Joke: I know. But where's the fun in that?

You groaned and walked to the car with Joke right behind you. She quickly took the driver's seat from you. You were about to fight the decision but you were too tired to even try. So you took the passenger seat and crashed down. From there, Joke drove you guys home so you could sleep on the drive. For once in your life of insanity, it was nice, calm and peaceful without any negative repercussions.

That was until Joke accidentally blasted some music from the radio and shocked you awake. She quickly turned it back down and you both turned to one another.

(Y/N): Emi.

Ms. Joke: I'm sorry. I'm sorry.

(Y/N): Why do I put up with you?

Joke gave you a smile and continued driving. You eventually dozed back off and didn't wake up until you both got home. After being well-rested, you made your ways inside and you let Joke crash down onto the couch as you went to work preparing dinner for the two of you. Joke looked back over to you and quickly got up to help, but you created a shield with your quirk to block her.

(Y/N): You drove me home and have put up with me for years. I got this one.

Ms. Joke: You sure?

(Y/N): Positive.

Ms. Joke: Alright. I'm going to go and get cleaned up.

You smiled as Joke walked past you and went up the stairs to your bedroom. You then quickly went to a cabinet over the fridge and found a small box you bought a couple of weeks ago. You sighed in relief and kept it inside the cabinet. You then continued to make her favorite meal for dinner. After a couple of minutes of work, Joke came back downstairs in more casual clothing, pecked your cheek and saw you making her favorite.

Ms. Joke: Oh, you really do love me.

(Y/N): You make me sound like I'm the devil.

Ms. Joke: HA! Devil. You're an angel.

(Y/N): Only for you and at work.

Joke couldn't help but kiss you again along your cheek as you kept working. You eventually had to push back against her in order to not make it a full-on make-out session. You used your quirk of shield generation and pushed her out of the kitchen.

(Y/N): I'm serious. I gotta get this done.

Ms. Joke: Is there anything I can do?

(Y/N): You can sit down and let me work.

She nodded and walked off to the living room. You turned back to keep working while still thinking of the possible outcomes of the evening. Regardless, you powered through it all and finished the meal and presented it to her at the dinner table. Like before, she hugged and kissed you and all the other things she did whenever she wanted to show affection for you.

The meal was a quick one for her with Joke eating like a racehorse. Back in the day, you would have called it a bit gross, but now it was one of her many traits you found a bit adorable. Once dinner was done, you both crashed on your couch and watched some news and cheered as you saw your combined efforts on the villain you brought in that day. After that, it was some random game show and other random bits of TV with no rhyme or reason. Mostly because Joke would change between channels each time there was a commercial.

(Y/N): You know, you changing the channel every time there's a commercial is not going to make the show come back on.

Ms. Joke: I will use my quirk again.

(Y/N): For what? Having an opinion.

Ms. Joke: (Mockingly) Meh, meh, meh, meh.

(Y/N): Alright, I can put two and two together. You big baby.

Ms. Joke: I'm your baby.

(Y/N): Don't make it sound weird.

Joke giggled and she cuddled up to you. After a few more minutes, you decided now would be the best time to enact your plan. You kissed her cheek before you got up and walked over into the kitchen.

Ms. Joke: What are you up to now?

(Y/N): You'll see.

You went to the cabinet and pulled out the box before walking back over to her.

(Y/N): Emi...I. I love you. So much. And...and I never want to leave that love. No matter what happens. So, I guess I just really wanted to ask-

Ms. Joke: You got the ring out and you're proposing?! Yes!!!

(Y/N): Wait? How did you know about-

Joke tackled you to the ground and began to kiss you all over. She slammed her lips down onto your own and kept you pinned down onto the ground. After a couple of minutes of the makeout, you broke apart and she hugged you tightly.

(Y/N): How did you-

Ms. Joke: I may or may not have kept things up there before.

(Y/N): First of all, I have several questions, seconds...does that mean I hear a...? (she nods in rapid motion, accepting the proposal) I...(laughs) I just can't even...

You were beyond happy that you just had to laugh. Joke looked at you confused as you were laughing with tears of joy. She smiled at you but was still greatly confused as to why you were laughing like an idiot without her quirk.

Ms. Joke: I'm not using my quirk on you. You don't have to-

(Y/N): I need to. It's called joy. Pure, pure joy.

She smiled at you and kissed you again. You both looked into each other's eyes as you slipped the wedding ring along her finger. Afterward, Joke got to admire it for a little bit as you walked her over to the couch to let her calm down. This may have been a hard day at work but was it a helluva day back home.

(Y/N): I love you, Emi.

Ms. Joke: I love you too, (Y/N).

You both kissed again and you picked her up bridal style while in the kiss. You both looked at one another again before going up to your room for a little "celebration".