Burnin

You were on your helicopter, riding along and watching the battle before your eyes. Endeavor and the Flaming Sidekicks were fighting off a large mutated Nomu. Ever since Endeavor took the number one spot, these Nomu had been on a resurgence. So, more of his sidekicks went out to support the pro hero when he fought the demons. And you being a reporter, it was your job to keep an eye on the fight, and relay the information to the public.

As you were watching the fight, you saw the sidekick, Burnin, flying with Endeavor and throwing two flaming punches directly into a Nomu, sending it flying down to the ground below. You glanced back and saw your cameraman was tracking the fight, just as instructed. As you flew around the battlefield, you saw Endeavor burn up the body of a Nomu as Burnin took to the skies to scout out more monsters. Once she got on level with you, she turned back to you and pointed.

Burnin: Get out of here! Move to a minimum safe distance! We can't afford any more civilian injuries or worse!

You nodded at her as she took off to find more enemies if at all. You turned back to your pilot and made the motion for him to turn around and fly off. Your cameraman lowered his gear and looked at you with confusion.

Cameraman: Sir? Wouldn't that be us doing our job?

(Y/N): I would rather have us all alive than to be killed by a mutant. Get us the hell out of here!

The pilot nodded and he took off and flew away from the scene as more fires erupted from ground level. You turned to your cameraman who had a work of shame on his face, knowing death was right there and could have finished you all off. After a few minutes of flying off, your team landed on a distant rooftop, where you continued to report on the battle. Like most of the time though, the reporting became that of a play-by-play with dramatic narration sometimes.

Eventually, though, the battle quelled down and eventually ceased all together within 10 minutes. Once it did subside, you turned back to your crew and nodded at them.

(Y/N): Pack it up, boys. We're done here.

Cameraman: What about you, sir?

(Y/N): Oh, my apartment is just a few blocks from here. Probably go and grab a drink before heading home. You two can call it here.

Pilot: Don't need to tell me twice.

Your pilot got back inside his chopper and slowly began to lift off with your cameraman barely getting in on time. Once they left, you grabbed your phone and scrolled down to your contact list until you found a name and started texting.

(Y/N): Hey. Southside of Block 33. Rooftop.

You looked out back towards the battlefield, trying to find the figure you were most worried about. After a few seconds, you saw a blitz of fire arise from the main site and come directly towards you. You glared a little, trying to deduce who or what it was. Although, after a few seconds, you were able to easily tell who it was. You smiled widen as you saw Burnin fly towards you, flip forward once she passed you, and slid along the rooftop.

Once she properly landed, she dusted herself off a little and spun back to you. She gave you some finger guns and a large smirk.

Burnin: Heya.

(Y/N): I was worried sick about you.

Burnin: It's not the first time I was in a life or death situation.

Burnin ran up to you and hugged you. You spun slightly, getting a slight giggle from her. You laughed slightly as you slowly broke away from one another. You cupped her cheek with your hand as she smiled up at you.