Ice, Fire, Baby

The Last One

Despite all popular belief and all possible rationale based on your personality, asking out a guy should have been super easy and would have been a breeze. Not for you. Anything but easy for you. You had a large crush on the stoic, cold, yet dorky Shoto Todoroki. Yeah, a bit stoic and distant, but he was cool, calm, collected. And honestly, you were attracted to that. And boy, did your friends know it.

It was late into the night. You were still awake, getting a late-night snack when you heard a few of your friends still up and about. Ashido was the first to spot you and wave to you.

Ashdio: Hey (Y/N)!

You smiled at them and walked over a bit. You stopped yourself just before the actual living space.

(Y/N): Hey guys. What's going on here?

Jiro: No much. Just hanging out.

You smiled at them but dropped the look once you saw Mineta ogling you. You rolled your eye and returned to look back at your friends.

(Y/N): So, what's the conversation point this time around?

Kaminari: Not much. Just a little worried about the provisional licensing stuff.

(Y/N): Don't worry about that guys. Or at least don't strain yourself with it. We'll be fine.

Jiro: You really think so?

(Y/N): We're a well-oiled machine. Don't you worry about it. I mean, we've faced super villains, worked our asses off in the sports fest, internships with some pretty ominous threats. And let's not forget about camp.

Mineta: Did you have to remind me?

(Y/N): Mineta, if it makes you piss your pants, I'll remind you every day of your life.

Kaminari laughed a little as you finished your snack.

Ashido: So, what does Todoroki think about all this?

(Y/N): Why would I know? It's not like he has talked to me about it.

Jiro: Says the girl who spends every day talking with him.

You blushed a little bit before you started walking away.

Ashido: Ah, come on!

(Y/N): Not hearing this tonight! I've gotta get my rest and prepped for tomorrow. Night guys!

The waved night to you as you crashed down onto your bed. You sighed a little before you closed your eyes and finally were able to call it a night there. The following morning was a bit of a hectic rush for everyone in Class 1-A. Everyone was rushing to get into their costumes, gear ready, breakfast, and everything in between. In your rush, you darted out of your room and almost hit someone in the face when you ran.

You felt the bump but no contact with the ground. You opened your eyes and looked up and saw Todoroki keeping you up. You felt a strong blush coming onto your face as you saw Todoroki locking eyes with you.

(Y/N): Uh, thanks.

Todoroki: Are you ok?

(Y/N): Ye-yeah. I'm fine. Thank you.

Todoroki pulled you back up and you stood up in front of him.

(Y/N): Sorry about that. Didn't mean to...you know. Just kinda in a rush and didn't want to be late and-

Todoroki: Then we shouldn't be wasting our time.

Todoroki began to walk off. Your blush slowly died down and you nodded to yourself. You shook your head a little and took off down the hallway once the blush was finally off of your face. You then ran down the stairs and got to the main hall with everyone else. While most students were excited, there were still a few who were very worrisome. You took a few deep breathes to calm your nerves. You were then tapped on the shoulder and turned around and saw Ashido standing behind you.

(Y/N): Yeah?

Ashido: I know you're ready for this test, but I just wanted to ask something.

(Y/N): If this is about you know who, then please, don't. I want to focus on the provisional exam more than anything.

Ashido: Just asking. Don't you worry about it. Besides, I think you'll be fine. Don't worry about it.

(Y/N): You said that twice...seriously, I worry about you sometimes.

Ashdio laughed and hugged you. She then walked off as you occasionally glanced towards Todoroki. While it was a bit awkward, you caught yourself shifting between looking at him and back at your own gear. You shook your head again as you felt someone else grab your shoulder.

(Y/N): Ashido, now is not the-

You turned back only to see Todoroki standing behind you. You blushed heavily.

Todoroki: I need to talk to you.

(Y/N): Speaking.

Todoroki: You know what I meant.

(Y/N): 'Twas a joke. But ok.

Todoroki began to walk away, with you following her. Together, you both walked off to the other side of the first floor. You leaned up against the wall and looked at him.

(Y/N): So, what's up?

Todoroki: Nothing. You just seem off is all. Is everything ok?

(Y/N): Yeah. Why?

Todoroki: No reason. I just wanted to make sure you were up to your usual self.

(Y/N): Thanks. But I'm good. Are you ok?

Todoroki: Yes, why?

(Y/N): Because you never bothered to ask me before now if I was ok.

Todoroki glanced away a little as you cocked an eyebrow. You looked at him and walked forward slightly and finally got him to lock eyes with you.

(Y/N): Well?

Todoroki: I'm just worried about you. You were a bit off this morning. And with this test, you need to be at your best.

(Y/N): So do you. So don't lecture me.

Todoroki: I'm not trying to lecture you. I'm just concerned about your health.

(Y/N): And why is that?

Todoroki: Because we are friends!

(Y/N): Is that really just it?!

Todoroki: NO!

(Y/N): Then what?!

Todoroki: It's because...

Todoroki looked away from you. It was an awkward look. Your eyes widen a bit as you slowly began to figure out what he was trying to say. You smiled at him and playfully hit his arm. His eyes slowly glanced down at you and you both looked at one another with blushes on your faces. You both then began to glance around, trying to formulate words to respond to the other. However, you both continued to be silent.

You took the next step and took his hand with yours. He quickly glanced down at you and you saw his blush double in size, getting you to giggle. Todoroki heard your giggle and shyly smiled at you. You let go of his hand a little and smiled up at him.

(Y/N): So, let's see where this goes after the provisional license. Ok?

Todoroki: Yeah. Right.

You smiled at him and he smiled back at you. You both walked back to the rest of your class once you heard a whistle, letting you guys know that it was time for action.