Firebreather

You had geared up your equipment and got your axe/rocket launcher ready and deployed into the unknown woods around northern Vale. You land on the ground and begin to walk through the woods and find an old compound with Vale police and Atleisan special forces standing around the building. You walked up to a man in a trench coat and a woman in an Atlesian uniform. They turned back to you and while the man gave you a smile, the woman kept a cold stare at you.

(Y/N): Commander Ironwood. Commander...Ironwood? Schnee?

Winter: I've been a Ironwood for two years now!

Reed: Now, now. Winter, please try to relax. I've read your file, (Y/N). One of Ozpin's best. Let's prove it shall we. (You nod) Now, objective is as followed. Inside is a young woman, no more than 25 years old.

(Y/N): Hostages?

Reed: None. However, she has already given a second degree burn to a few of our boys in blue. It appears she is trying to wait us out. So, your mission, get in there and get her out. Any means.

(Y/N): And, if I don't.

Reed: Drastic measures.

(Y/N): Define "Drastic Measures" for me.

Winter: Violence. We will storm the building and get her out.

(Y/N): Alright. Gotcha. Tensions are high. (You look to the building and then back at the couple) So, I take it airlift is out of the question?

Reed: We don't want to alert her.

(Y/N): Do we even known where in the building she is?

Winter: We suspect she is near one of the entrances. There's also some sewer pips inside.

(Y/N): Schematics of the building?

Reed: This way.

The Ironwoods lead you over the building schematics. You found your entry point and loaded up your gear and cracked your back and knuckles and got ready for the mission. You found a lone window on the second floor and slowly opened it and got inside. You didn't touch the floor as it was a metal walkway, which you theorized would alert the target. You climbed along the wall and got to the back and found the girl.

You sighed and hoped down to the floor. The girl noticed quickly, turned to you and almost lit you on fire with her breath. You side stepped and held your hands out in defense.

(Y/N): Whoa, whoa. Easy.

You took your axe off of your back and dropped it on the ground and kicked it away. You then sunk to the ground and smiled at the girl.

(Y/N): Hey. How are you?

Girl: Wh-who are you? Look, I'm not going out there to your cop buddies-

(Y/N): Easy Sweetheart. Huntsman. Vale, not Atlas. And you're from-

Girl: Mistral.

(Y/N): Uh. Never been there. How is it?

Girl: It's fine.

(Y/N): Well, that's interesting. And your name is...sorry, I feel it will be annoying to call you "Sweetheart" this entire time?

Cinder: Cinder.

(Y/N): Cinder? Nice name. I take it, recent Haven Graduate? Don't remember you from Beacon.

Cinder shook her head no.

(Y/N): Well, you learned that fire breath from somewhere.

Cinder: Family. It's a family thing.