Velveteen Rabbit

Velvet is sitting in her dorm room, reading a book, the latest installment of one of her favorite series of all time, Dr. Ventus. It was a horror novel but Velvet really liked that kinda of stuff. The story was dripping with atmosphere and every time Velvet read a chapter, she was dying to move on and read the next. As she was reading, the door opened and Coco and Fox stepped inside the room. Velvet offered them a smile at her teammates who returned it before looking around for something.

Velvet: Everything ok? You guys need anything?

Coco: We're looking for Yatsu. Have you seen him anywhere today?

Velvet: No. Last time I say him he was down at the training arena. Mind if I tag along?

Coco: Sure. Come on, let's go.

Velvet got up and marked her page and ran out after her teammates. The three of them continued the search for their missing teammate around Beacon until they finally entered the arena hall. Once there, they hurting grunting and sword swings and clashes. Walking up to the base, they peered inside and saw Yatsuhashi dueling an unknown student.

The student blocks the strike from Yatsu's great sword with his metallic boot and uses wrist blades to scratch at Yatsu's armor. The student hopes onto Yatsu's blade and backflip kicks off of the giant of a man and makes Yatsu stumble backwards for a bit. Yatsuhashi then jumps high in the air and attempts to land a devastating over-the-head blow with his sword, but the student is able to nullify the hit with his boots. The shockwave of Yatsuashi's attack causes the rocks in the biome to shatter all around him and the ground to erupt, but the student is unaffected.

The two exchange a series of blows, with the student using a piece of rock from the shattered ground as a projectile, which Yatsuhashi deflects with his sword. However, in the melee, the student manages to hit his opponent down to the ground, his head landing directly above a geyser vent. At that moment, the geyser erupts. Disoriented and attempting to regain his balance, Yatsuhashi is easy prey for the student, who lands another flying kick on him.

Yatsuhashi: Well...that was thrilling.

(Y/N): Got that right.

You grabbed Yatsu's hand and pulled him to his feet. You both heard clapping and turned over to see Coco clapping and her with the rest of CFVY walking towards you all.

Coco: My, my. That was quite the fight if I do say so myself.

(Y/N): You may say so of course. And you are?

Yatsuhashi: (Y/N). These are my teammates. Coco Adel. Fox Alister. And-

Velvet: Velvet Scarlatina!

The members of CFVY looked at Velvet in shocked. You smiled a bit and walked over to them all.

(Y/N): (Y/N) (L/N). My team and I came from Haven for the Vytal Tournament. Yatsu and I met one another just a few hours ago. And we just, hit it off.

Coco: Well, that's nice to know. And not to break up this bromance, but Yatsu, we gotta go. Goodwicth needed us for a training demo.

Yatsuhashi: Right. Till next time, (Y/N).

(Y/N): Later.

You were about to walk off until Velvet took a picture of your wrist blades and boots.

(Y/N): Velvet, if you liked feet that much and wanted a picture, all you had to do was ask.

Velvet: What?! (Blushes) No, no, no, no.

You laugh at the joke and wave her off.

(Y/N): Was just kidding around. Whatever you like, I wont judge. You got things to do and so do I. I'll see you around. Later.