Telling the Truth

Sun shining through my window woke me up and the sudden growling at the end of my bed. I try to look over, but I couldn't see anything again.

Wondering if it's my imagination when I heard it again. I slowly crawl to the end, looking over. A black wolf laying on the ground stretched out. Realizing that it was Alex. I sighed in relief and sat down against the pillows. 

Looking down, seeing that I was still in my dress, wanting to change. I slowly get off the bed and walk into my closet, changing into something more comfortable. Because tonight we were leaving and I needed to tell Alex. I walk out of the closet after I put on a dark green dress.

Walking to go wake Alex up, when the black wolf was gone. And that worried me and I slowly crawled on my bed, trying to get to the door. Suddenly, feeling arms pick me up from behind, kissing me on the lips.

I laughed, "You scared me..."

"I'm sorry I just wanted to have some fun with you." He said with a grin.

I just smiled at him. Alex then leaned over kissing me on the forehead.

"Alex, I forgot to tell you we're leaving tonight to go to the Lords. We need to pack our supplies. My pack has already been doing it since we slept in a little bit this morning." I said. Alex nodded his head. We left my room, eating some breakfast and then finding Tessa and Adam already in the courtyard packing some items for the mission. Alex walked over to Adam helping him.

I watched as everyone was getting along. While we were packing my stepmother came down. "Hello," I said. We sat down on a bench outside the gardens.

"My little Elanor. You are already leaving?"

"Yes, we are. We need to get there before the next full moon."

"Well, I give you luck. I wish you all my prayer, but Elanor. I have heard some sayings from the spirits among us. You have to protect your pack, even Alex. I know you and Alex are mates, but you have to get him to the Lords. No matter what. You know that he is next in line for becoming one of them. And he needs to do this or our world will fall apart."

I nodded my head at her words. "Yes, I know this. Later, before we leave I'm going to have a talk with him about this. I just don't know how he is going to react about this."

"Then don't tell him. Wait until you reach Wolf Ridge." She said, standing up. Walking back inside the castle and I look over at my friends, talking to each other with smiles on their faces.

Alex saw me and he started to come over to me, sitting down. "Hey, you okay? What did your mother say?" I looked up at him, angry.

"She isn't my mother. My mother is dead. That woman is my stepmother." I said.

Suddenly, I was pulled into him and I sighed. Trying to calm down, "I'm sorry, Alex. I didn't mean to snap at you. I just... I need to tell you something. I never truly told you the whole reason why you are going to see the Lords. Your mission was chosen for you because you are the next in line for becoming a Lord. To become a great wolf, to be a King. When you arrive at Wolf Ridge, they will train you. Having you become an alpha, make your own pack. And then I will have to leave." I explained to him.

I was holding back the tears of knowing I was going to have to leave him. Alex didn't say anything, but I could smell anger coming from him. I finally looked at him he was staring straight forward.

"I'm sorry..." I said, leaving him. Tessa looked at me, and she took a step toward me, shaking my head. I decide to go hide out near the waterfall, to clear my head for an hour before we leave for Wolf Ridge.

Walking through the garden and finding the secret entrance and walking through. I walk through the forest, sitting down on the grass, leaning up against an oak tree. Knowing no one would disturb me because Tessa is the only one that knows about this place. I sat there thinking of what I was going to do and what will happen on the journey now. How Alex may reject me now, and how he must be feeling, realizing that I shouldn't have walked away.

Knowing the bond between Alex and I hadn't fully been connected yet. I don't even know if he wants to still be together. A tear slipped down my face, and I let the others follow. Suddenly, I felt the wind pick up and the smell of a rainstorm hit me. I watch as the rain fell around me and I sat down closer to the base of the tree. Watching the storm around me and up in the sky, bright ligh streaking across the sky. 

Please Comment and Vote!