Love

The sound of a waterfall crashing against water and rocks filled my ears. I run to it, shifting and staring at my reflection in the crystal clear water.

The sounds calming my beating heart, the tears slowing down. But they soon came back, wishing he hadn't said anything about our families. About where I came from, an elf bitch! Remembering being called all types of names growing up from being an elf. My father trying to protect me, but failing. My wolf inside began to come out again, and I let it take over. Howling to the full moon above in the starry night.

 I ran back into the woods, past the training area into a deep part of the woods. Think I was free from everything...

Suddenly, I felt a brush of fur near me. Looking to see his beautiful black wolf beside me. Seeing all these emotions in his brown honey colored eyes.

We ran together for a couple of minutes, and we soon slowed down. Knowing we were well away from the castle ground. I shifted and fell to my knees, not caring about the dress. It was already ripped in some spots at the bottom.

I cried, pulling my knees to my chest, burying my head in my arms. I felt his arms wrap around me. We just sat there like that, him holding me in his arms.

"Alex, why are you here? You should be with your father, not worrying about me."

 He was looking at me, brushing the tears away. "I don't care about him. I care about you more. I am still your friend, and you saved me earlier. So now I am saving you in return."

I sighed. Feeling him tighten his arms around me. "Thank you. I never really had a true friend. My life hasn't been that easy for me."

"Why is that?"

"Being born an elf werewolf hasn't been that easy... Being the runt of the family and the werewolf status. People calling me different things, like your father. There were a lot of people like him when I was young."

"I just want you to know, I am always here for you. I would never do that to you, Elanor." He said, gently kissing me on the forehead.

"You should probably be getting back," I said, pulling out of his embrace. Standing, and looking back to the castle, which I could see the top of through the trees.

"I'll probably get thrown in the dungeon if I go back to the castle."

"No, he won't. If he tries he will have one less son to worry about. I don't think he would be like this if mother was here. If mother were here, she would've loved you. And, I also want to say that I'm coming with you." Alex said, taking my hands in his.

"And aren't we leaving tomorrow morning, and I think you need your rest." He said, and I laughed.

"You're starting to sound like me now." He let me go, and we shifted into our wolves.

    Running back to the castle, following Alex scent. Taking the back halls to his room. Luckily there were no guards on duty at the moment or roaming the halls.

Entering his bedroom, shifting. Alex nudged me toward the closet telling me to go change. I change into grey shorts, and blue long sleeved shirt. I walk out of the closet, my eyes barely open. I could hear the sound of the fire crackling, when suddenly I was picked up.

Moaning in protest, but then being slipped in underneath the covers. Cuddling up in the blankets, hearing Alex slide under the covers too. Falling asleep to the fire and the sound of Alex's heartbeat next to mine.

*Please Vote or Comment*