Read All About It

Tessa and I are walking down the path, snow beginning to fall once again. The path leading us to where the ladies are to be called out. Music was playing already as we stood in line. "What is our nickname?" I asked.

"You are the Wolf Thief and I am the Sugar Plum," She said with a wink.

"Why are you called the Sugar Plum?" I asked, confused.

She laughed, "It's sort of an inside joke between Adam and me. He calls me his little Sugar Plum because of my eyes." Tessa explained to me. I nodded my head understanding.

Soon, it was our turn to be called into the ballroom. "You go first," I tell her, and she sighed.

"Fine." I watched as she went down the stairs as they said her name.

"Please welcome Sugar Plum." The speaker said. I then skipped back a couple of spots, knowing they would think I would be right behind her, nope. I watched as two more ladies went ahead of me when it was finally my turn to be called.

"Please welcome the Wolf Thief." I heard the speaker call out. I walk down the stairs, watching as all the men stare at me. I saw Tessa standing next to Adam and Alex was beside them. I finally made it to the bottom, walking away from them. Since Alex didn't tell me what we were doing and I was going to make it hard to get tonight.

I walked over to the dance floor, watching everyone dance. I soon had an idea and I walk over to musicians. Asking if I could do a small performance. "Yes, you may young lady. But you will have to ask Lord Edward." He said.

"Thank you," I say, walking away to find Edward. I soon found him at the bar, ordering a drink. I sat down on a stool beside him.

He smiled at me, "Hello, Elanor. How are you?" I smiled back, popping one of the mints in my mouth.

"I'm good, Edward. But I was wondering if I could do a performance. I already asked the musicians and they said that is it was fine. But up to you." I explained to him.

"Maybe... Yes. Would you like to do it now? It seems the song is beginning to end." He said.

"Yes, I would love to. But I am going to need a piano." I said. Edward looked at me shocked. We then both walked to the where the musicians are.

Alex still hadn't found me and I stood beside Edward up near the stage. The musicians had cleared off and brought a black grand piano for me with a stool. I stood behind a black curtain as Edward stepped out to introduce me.

"Please, welcome the Wolf Thief. She will be doing a special performance for us all. And here she is." I hear him announce and the crowd begins to clap loudly. I then walk out, smiling underneath my mask. Walking over to the piano and sitting down, elegantly. Placing my shaking hands above this keys, taking a deep breath as I calmed my nerves. I look up to stare at Alex and my nerves go away. And I begin my song for them all.

You've got the words to change a nation

But you're biting your tongue

You've spent a lifetime stuck in silence

Afraid you'll say something wrong

If no one ever hears it how we gonna learn your song?

So come on, come on

Come on, come on

You've got a heart as loud as lions

So why let your voice be tamed?

Maybe we're a little different

There's no need to be ashamed