Ambush

The next day we still weren't talking, but I needed to tell him a few things. I slow done, riding beside him, staring at the road in front of me.

"Before, we actually arrive at the meeting place to see the Lords. We are going to my castle to resupply. I explained to him.

He looked over at me confused. "Why are we stopping? You never said anything but going to meet the Lords. I don't know much about this mission! You don't tell me anything!" Alex said, throwing a hand in the air.

I stay calm at his words, "Because I need my pack, and we can't go alone. The forest we are traveling through is going to be full of rogues, and panthers. And you do remember that creepy dude, he will most likely come back too!" I said. We then grew quiet again, riding down the road.

    Leading the way to my father's castle, where I would get supplies. We were almost there, when I felt like someone was following us. I knew my pack were close by but this feeling was different, it was dark. Every couple of minutes I would check behind us to see anything following. One time I glance back, I saw a black form leap across the path.

Suddenly, I heard the silent growls of panthers. Looking around, and seeing Alex looked at me, wondering what I was up to do.

Finally, I stopped my mare and listened. Alex stopped next to me, and I suddenly kicked Alex's stallion. He went flying down the path, and I followed behind him a little slower. Seeing that the panthers were following Alex not me. I kicked my horse, speeding up. I brace myself, crouching on the saddle.

    Shifting as I jump off the saddle. Attacking the panthers, howling for my pack. I then bite into the nearest panther making him cry out. Clawing at every creature that I was near.

Seeing a different black form, a wolf, fighting beside me. Knowing that it was Alex, knowing he wouldn't stay out of this. I growl, putting my anger into the panthers. Fighting with all my strength. Suddenly, I saw one of the biggest panthers, sitting up on a tree branch.

Leading to a small small rock ledge from the cliff side next to us. Watching as he jumped up on the ledge, watching the fight from above.

My pack was already helping in the fight, and I ran over to the ledge. Making it up there, out of breath, but ready for a fight.

 "Hello, brother..." I say, growling.

Jumping on him, rolling. Claws out and fighting, feeling pain go down one of my legs. I fought with all my strength I had left, but he pinned me down.

Yelping in pain, his claws digging into my stomach. Watching him bite down on my neck, carrying me over to the ledge. Holding me over, feeling of emptiness around me. Everyone stopped what they were doing, staring up at us.

If panthers could smile, they were doing it now as they disappeared into the forest. My pack and Alex were covered in blood, and Alex looked at me. Wanting to help me, but he couldn't. I looked at my brother, his black eyes staring at me.

"Look at what you've become... T-Trying to kill your own sister... I-I know you were and still are in there brother..." He laughed at my words, talking with my fur in his mouth.

"I was never your brother..." He said, tossing me over the ledge.

Feeling my heart break into a million pieces, shifting back as I lay on the forest floor. Alex came into my vision, and he was trying to say something. But I wasn't paying attention, only seeing the darkness consume me.

*Please Vote or Comment*