Home

I awoke in his bed, looking around once again his scent all over me. Smelling it and telling me that he left about an hour ago. That I was alone. I stood up, changing into a more comfortable dress. Brown cotton dress, floor length. A silver belt around the waist. I then grabbed my cloak from the hook and clipped it around my neck. Walking down the hallway, looking at the pictures. The last picture was strange, it had my father and mother in it with another couple, royal. Looking at it for a couple of minutes, knowing I was going to ask Alex about it.

Clearing my head and walking outside. Feeling the weather changing, the chill of the wind and the smell of falling leaves, with a hint of snow. Pulling the hood over my head, so I could keep myself warm. I looked around and realized there were a lot more werewolves here then my own kingdom. I tried to keep my head down, guiding my way to the targets. I slowly dragged one toward a more private area. So, I wouldn't attract any unwanted attention by the other werewolves. Noticing that some were already staring at me and pointing. I set the target up, and start to practice my aim with my bow. Focusing myself in on my task when I was surprised by someone grabbing my shoulder, spinning me around.

"What are you doing here?" It was Alex, asking me, anger in his voice.

"I needed to get out of the castle. I thought I would come and practice for an hour." Shrugging his hand off my shoulder. "What is so wrong with me being out here? I thought I could go wherever I pleased." I said.

He sighed, "I'm sorry... I'm just a bit on edge with my father and everything happening. I would like for you to please stay inside, because some of these men can't really control themselves around women. Especially ladies, like you, that are not mated yet. Please will you come inside with me." His brown eyes bearing into mine. I nodded my head and Alex sighed with relief.

We put up the target and headed back into the castle. Walking back down the hallway and seeing Alex walk by them with a high shoulder, ignoring the pictures. Looking at the picture again and realizing that it was Alex's parents with mine. Curious as to why I haven't met his parents if our families are so close.

Suddenly, I felt a hand on my lower back, making me jump. Again, Alex. "Why do you have this picture?" I ask, pointing to it.

Alex looked down at me, smiling. "I truly do not know. It's been there my whole life I've lived in the castle. My father I guess never really took down the pictures my mother put up." He explained to me.

"What about your mother, will I get to meet her too?" I ask.

Alex shakes his head, "Sadly no, we haven't seen her in a couple of years. We don't even know if she is alive or dead. She left us a couple of years, it's been my father and my brother. We are the only family we have, unless our mother magical come back to us." Alex said.

"I'm sorry to hear that. I somewhat know the feeling of losing someone." Walking back down the hall to his room.

He stopped me right outside his room, "I forgot to tell you. We are having dinner tonight with my father. So Emma will be here in a couple of minutes to help you change." Alex said.

"Okay. What about you?" I ask.

"I have another room that I will be changing in. So don't worry about me." Alex said, opening the door for me. I smile, walking into his room. But not before watching his figure walk down the hall, realizing I was starting to fall for him, and this maybe a good thing. Or it will just end up a mess like my life.

*Please Vote or Comment*