My Mate

Slowly I walked off the stage with Alex, then Ethan followed me. We made our way to Tessa, she was at the bar with her mate, Adam. They smiled when they saw us, "You all did amazing!" Tessa said, giving me a hug.

"We did, didn't we?" I said, questioning myself about what had just occurred. Tessa looked at me, realizing what really just happened.

Tears started to form in my eyes, "Please... excuse me." I said. Pushing my way through the crowd and out of the castle. I heard them calling my name and seeing Alex. He was staring at me, worried. I turn back around and ran to the garden. Shifting into my wolf, running to the hidden waterfall my father built for me for when I had asked for a birthday, it was my 10th birthday gift. I was there in a couple of minutes.

I shifted back into myself, Why did this have to happen to him. He is a Prince, but I'm a Princess. So that doesn't really count, but could I really be his mate. Alex doesn't really know, does he? We are mates...

I was in deep thought when I didn't hear him coming. "So, sister... I never realized that you were the type to run away." I looked up to see Daniel.

"What do you want? How did you even get in here?" I questioned, glaring at him.

"I have my ways, but I'm really here to warn you. A battle is coming and you can not stop it. You can only stop by losing something or someone you dearly love." I looked up at him with disgust.

"I don't have anyone except for family..." I told him.

He stared at me, "Are you sure?" He asked, vanishing...

As soon as he vanished, Alex came running out of the woods. His black wolf walking up to me and I kneel down in front of him. I wrap my arms around his neck, a tear slipping down my cheek, and soon followed by more tears.

I felt his body shift against mine, picking me up in his arms. Sitting us down on one of the stone benches near the waterfall. I was sitting in his lap, looking into his brown eyes. I knew that he was my mate at this moment, but I just didn't want to face it for some reason. I sigh, laying my head on his shoulder.

"Are you okay?" I heard him whisper in my ear.

"No... I-I just... Alex, you're my mate..." I said, standing up from his lap, walking to the water's edge.

"Is that a bad thing?" He asked, coming up behind me.

I stayed where I was, looking out as the water tumbled down the waterfall. "I just... all these things are so new to me. All my life people said I wouldn't get a chance at love, but here you are... I didn't think it would happen so suddenly, in the middle of all this. And the only reason we met was of the mission for the Lords. Wanting to get us ready for a war, a battle I can't do if I have a mate. Because you can't focus on the battle if you or I get hurt. I just d-don't... know what to do anymore..."

Breaking down and sharing my worst fear with him. Alex walked around to face me. I stared at the ground, not wanting to see his reaction.

"Elanor... I don't care about this mission. We can get through that... I want to focus on you because I will only find one of you in my life. I was already in love with you before I noticed. And I just knew I had to be with you..." I looked up at him slowly, having him wipe the tears from my cheeks.

"Because I love you, Elanor... And nothing can take that away from me..." I smiled up at him, wrapping my arms around his neck. He pulled me even closer to him.

"I love you too, Alex..." He then kissed me for the first time, love was our first kiss. Kissing me over and over again, running my hands through his hair. He then picked me up, carrying me to the bench.

Kissing one more time, cuddling. "Alex, I am so glad that it was you..." I said, looking up.

"So am I, Elanor."

We then watched the stars, wrapped in each other's warmth. But I was still worried about what Daniel had said. I sighed, relaxing against him. Soon, falling asleep...

*Please Vote or Comment*