Heading Home

Her voice started to grow and it was almost drowning the sound of the men talking outside the tent. Making them quiet down and listen to our fighting inside of the tent.

Suddenly in the middle of yelling she passed out, falling. I was beside her in a heartbeat, catching her before she could hit the grass and dirt. Picking her up in my arms and sighing. Why did a girl so pretty have to be so damn stubborn and independent? I thought, laying her back down on the cot. Covering her up again with the blanket.

Walking outside to see the guards back, "Sir, we didn't find anything abnormal."

I nodded, "Okay, then we are leaving. Guards, pack it up! We're going home!"

"Yes, sir!" They yelled back, packing up their things.

About an hour later, everything was packed up. Saddling up my horse, and going back to Elanor who was laid out on a blanket on the grass. I pick her up, and walk to my horse.

Whistling for Theo to kneel and he does just that. As I lift a leg over his side and getting in a comfortable position. Again, I whistled telling him to stand. Grabbing the reins and getting settled down on the saddle. Kicking his sides and trotting to the front of the party. Riding back home and soon we would arrive before dark. My stomach was already growling for some good home cooked and warm food. 

*****************

We soon arrived at my father's castle. I had one of the guards take Elanor to my room, to keep her safe till she wakes up. I then searched for my father, finding out from a servant which room he was hiding out in. Telling me he was in the Royal library. Walking through the maze of a castle, to the back, to our private library for the family. Seeing him sitting in one of the many rocking chairs. Long grey hair and a short beard. He smiled at me and stood when I got closer. Walking to him and giving him a hug.

"Hello, son! How was your journey?" He asked. We both walked over to an oak table and chairs.

"It was pleasant, expect we had a tiny problem with a thief. But then I found out that the thief was in fact a lady, who she claims she is from the Ancient Wolves." My father's face grew irritated at the mention of an Ancient wolf.

"You met an Ancient Wolf! You know how dangerous they are and do you remember what they did to your mother. How much I despise them!" He informs me for the hundredth time since I was born.

I looked away, "But father, she is beautiful. She is an elf or half elf. Those are very rare and maybe she will help find mother. And she saved my life..." I whispered out, afraid my father would grow furious at what I said. Looking back up at him, seeing his face go red with anger. Hoping he doesn't kill over now...

"Well, if it's a lady. I see... But Alex, you know how I hate people like them. Thieving and all of that magic they can control. Magic is bad. A key rule in the family rules. Remember as a boy..." I nodded at his words.

"I know father, but please just meet her. Maybe, people like her have changed?" I questioned.

He sighed, "Fine, I will meet her at dinner tonight then. Also, who was this man that attacked you?"

I shake my head, "I don't know who he was." I said with shame, not getting the answer from Elanor.

"Well, okay, I will put the guards at a code red for a couple of days, just in case you were followed." I agreed with him. Walking out of the room and headed down to the dining hall.

Shutting the door behind me with a sigh. I walked down the hall, finding the door to the dining hall. Entering and about to sit down, but my nerves got the better of me. Making me instead walk to the window, staring out at the clouds that slowly moved across the sky.

Thinking about the events that happened in the last couple of days, wondering what she meant about the Lord's. Suddenly, I heard the door open and close. I already knew who it was and it was Elanor. I could tell by her scent, a cool night breeze mixed with mint leave.

Turning around and giving her a smile, "Hello."

*Please Vote or Comment*