MJ

Ice skating miracles - MJ x trans male reader

Genre: Fluff
Requested:
So my idea was that it's a trans male reader thats getting bullied becuase he's trans and Michelle defends him, she notices he's really down she takes him ice skating to cheer him up but she can't skate so ends up falling into him and he catches her and they state into each others eyes and kiss
Warnings:
mentions of bullying, transphobia
Words:
520

"You didn't have to do that earlier, you know?"
MJ rolled her eyes.
"Y/N, I had to do it," she opened the front door of the school and waited until you had stepped into the cold. "You are my friend and I can't stand it when they treat you like this."
A weak smile formed on your lips.
"Thanks, MJ."

Your friend started walking and you followed her, let her take the lead. Because wherever MJ went, you'd follow her.

You ended up following her to an ice rink in a local park. Though the weather was quite good, it wasn't too crowded since most students were still at school and most adults were working.

"Come on!" MJ walked over to the small booth lending skates to the people. "One pair of skates, olease." She smiled at the woman behind the wooden counter and received one pair of old, worn-out skates after passing the money.

"Here you go." MJ offered you the pair of skates.

"But what about you?" You questioned, checking if she had her own skates with her, but that wasn't the case. MJ shrugged.
"I can't skate," she admitted. "And besides that, we are only here for you and your entertainment, so get on the ice already!"
"For my entertainment?"
"Y/N," MJ sighed. "I know that you love skating and you looked so down before, so I thought that it is on me to entertain you a little.

"But ice skating is only fun with you!" you protested. That seemed to convince MJ. Her expression changed a little, to a soft smile and her shoulders dropped as she reached into the pocket of her coat to get the money for another pair.

The school bags were being left at the table near the booth when you helped MJ to get onto the ice. Holding her hand carefully once she had put both feet on the cold surface.

"Can you stand?" You asked and wanted to let go, but MJ clasped your hand as though her life depended on it.
"'M taking that as a no."

At first, you helped MJ skate between you and the railing, always holding onto her hand, until after thirty minutes, she seemed confident enough to skate on her own.

Slowly, slowly you let her hand slip out of your grip. MJ turned her face at you, a smile painted on her lips and her eyes that seemed mirror the light of the winter sun the way a diamond did.

"You're skating," you laughed and MJ nodded.
"I'm skating," she confirmed and let out a surprised huff. "Y/N, I'm skating!" Throwing her hands up into the air and her head back in laughter, MJ lost her balance. She stumbled and grabbed your coat to not fall on the ice. You caught her at the same time and put your arms around her to secure her.

Looking into her eyes, you noticed MJ's gaze flick down to your lips and back up again. That was all it took you to lean forward a little to finally connect your lips with hers.