PETER PARKER

Peter Parker/Spider-Man x male reader

Title: How do I tell a boy that I want to kiss him?

Peter wasn't someone who knew a lot about dating. He had watched a lot of romance and drama movies lately, but it didn't help him to learn more about it. Especially because most of these movies were straight and Peter needed help with asking a guy out, not a girl. Peter felt like the whole situation was hopeless. The guy he wanted to ask out was probably as straight as all those movies he had watched. The boy's name was Y/N and he was the cutest guy at school. They had done a few projects for school together and they were interested in similar things. On some days, they met up together with Ned and spent some time together. It had been one of these days that Peter had found out that he had feelings for the other boy. They'd been lying on Peter's bed, all three of them and Y/N had laughed at one of Peter's jokes. He had laughed so much the had fallen to the ground, continuing to laugh. He had looked so cute that Peter had just fallen in love with him.

Peter hadn't told anyone yet, because he didn't want to be judged at school. He didn't tell May because he was scared how she might react. He didn't tell Ned, because his best friend couldn't keep secrets well. Peter probably texted Happy the news, but that guy was always busy and still ignoring him, so he didn't give the advice that Peter asked for (He hopefully didn't tell Tony Stark, because Peter didn't want to lose his job as an aspiring Avenger). Nobody but Peter knew, and he was glad about that.

Peter walked out of school, seeing Y/N waiting for him at the bus stop.

"I'm going to walk you home," was all Y/N said. His voice sounded like he was forcing happiness. He had been mad at Peter for a few days now because Peter avoided him and Ned, always 'too busy' with his Stark internship. Y/N wasn't that type of person who kept his anger to himself, so he had told Peter his opinion on Peter's behaviour towards his friends. Peter had apologised a few times and he meant it. He wanted to spend more time with his friends, but he was too scared that Y/N could find out about his feelings.

Peter was about to make an excuse, so he wouldn't have to go with Y/N, but the other boy cut him off. "No excuses this time, Parker." Peter let out a small sigh, knowing that there was no other way. He had to walk with his friend who he was secretly crushing on.

They walked quietly down the streets. The sun was shining brightly, and the air smelled like waffles and coffee. The silence between the two of them was frequently broken by cars driving by. Peter had to stop himself from staring at Y/N. He watched the slight wind blowing through the other male's hair. Y/N looked so lost in his thoughts but when Peter opened his mouth to start some small talk, he was cut off again.

"What the fuck is wrong with you, Peter? You've been avoiding me for so long now and when I asked you why, you told me that you were 'too busy'. I thought we were friends. I thought that your friends were more important to you than that fu-," he paused for a moment, noticing that his voice was too loud, "than your internship." Y/N sighed, running his hand through his soft hair.

"Y/N... I'm sorry," Peter muttered, avoiding Y/N's piercing gaze. "I didn't mean to avoid you." Y/N rolled his eyes and stopped walking. They stood in front of Peter's home.

"You know what, Peter? If you want to stay friends with me, you should act like it. What's your excuse for this time?" Peter could hear how angry Y/N was. He felt so bad for everything. For avoiding Y/N. for not telling him the truth. For falling in love with him.

"You wouldn't understand," Peter said quietly. He just wanted to hide from Y/N and wait until his feelings for the other boy disappeared. He heard Y/N groan loudly.

"I'm so fucking done with your shit, Peter!" Y/N spat out. Peter flinched at Y/N words. He watched the boy turn around and walk away quickly, leaving Peter alone.

Peter fell on the sofa. He failed. He lost his friend. Peter felt nothing but numbness. He tried to cry, but he couldn't. He felt so lonely and left alone, even though he knew that he was the one who left other people -his friends- alone. It was his fault. All of it. He felt so small, so helpless. Peter put his hand on his chest. The beating of his heart helped to change the numbness into pain and he slowly started to cry.

When May came home from work, she found Peter lying on the sofa, eyes red and puffy. She didn't say anything and opened her arms so that Peter could hug her and bury his face in her long hair.

"Do you want to talk about it?" May whispered after Peter had pulled away. He nodded. He knew that he needed to talk to someone. They sat down on the sofa, facing each other.

"May, I..." Peter didn't know how to say it. His aunt gave him an encouraging smile.

"Take your time," she said, and Peter nodded, thankful for her patience.

"May... How do I tell a boy that I want to kiss him?" The words came out of Peter's mouth without him being able to control it. He wanted to take it back. Peter froze. He couldn't look at May. He didn't want to see the disappointment in her eyes. But when she spoke, there was nothing but love in her voice.

"Oh, Peter. I thought something bad happened. I was so worried. But you only need some dating advice." Peter looked at his aunt and was pulled into a hug again. He smiled in relief. May accepted him. She wasn't mad. She still loved him. When May let go off him, she looked him straight into the eyes.

"Who's the guy you like?"

About an hour later, Peter stood in front of Y/N's house with some chocolate wrapped in blue gift wrap. It had taken him ten minutes to even go near the door, now all he needed to do was ring the doorbell. It was harder than he expected it to be and a lot worse than aunt May thought it would be. Peter breathed in deeply and was about to ring, when somebody opened the door and Peter looked into Y/N's face. The other boy looked like he had cried a little as well.

"I watched you standing in front of this house for ten minutes. Am I right with my guess that this is an apology?" Y/N sounded bored and still angry, but Peter could see that he was holding back a smile.

"You're wrong. This isn't an apology." Peter handed Y/N the chocolate. He had written 'CAN I KISS YOU?' over the wrapping paper. Y/N looked down on his present and couldn't hold back his smile anymore. It was the smile that Peter adored so much. Y/N looked up again and nodded.

"I'm so happy that you asked." Kissing Y/N felt like a miracle. Peter didn't know a lot about kissing, only what he had seen in movies, but that was enough. The kiss was soft and shy and just perfect. Y/N's lips felt so soft against his own. Peter didn't want it to end. Never. He could do this all day, every day. Peter could feel how close Y/N was and he wanted him to come even closer, but Y/N pulled back and smiled at Peter.

"Apology accepted."