PETER QUILL

Peter Quill x male reader

Title: A shitty planet

Request: Could you do a Peter Quill x Male reader, where the reader isn't comfortable with his sexuality so Peter helps him? It can also go the other with the reader comforting Peter. But I want it to be fluff if it's not to much to ask. Thanks! (Can you tag me so I know I got it?)

Sometimes, your friend Peter had a hard time understanding you. Not only, because you used a different slang than he did, or because you made weird references to movies he had never seen in his entire time on earth. But also, because he didn't understand why you liked being on earth. To Peter, it was just another planet that happened to be his 'home', even though he never saw it as such. There were so many things on earth he didn't understand. Penguins, toasters and bread were just three of them.

But the one thing that was upsetting him the most was the view on sexuality a lot of humans had. It was weird to him. He never really thought about sexuality, until you started feeling down because of yours.

Liking men while being a man? Had never been a problem for Peter. Liking women while being a woman? Who cares, they are happy!

Peter knew that you had problems with accepting yourself. But the way you felt about your sexuality wasn't your own fault. It was the humans around you. It happened frequently, that you talked to Peter about it, because you knew that Peter had experienced being 'different'. But he seemed to deal with it better than you. That was why you had started opening up to him in the first place.

"Peter?" You knocked at the door to his room. "It's me. Can I come in?"

"Sure!" His voice sounded faint through the heavy door. You twisted the door knob and opened the door. Peter was sitting on his bed, his laptop on his thighs. He looked up when he saw you, a sweet smile formed on his lips.

"Are you okay?" Peter was less sarcastic when he was around you, especially when he knew that you were in a bad mood of felt down.

"Can I sit?" You pointed at the bed. Peter nodded and closed the laptop. He put it down on the small drawer next to his bed and watched you closely as you closed the door and walked over to him.

"What's up?" He asked. You sighed deeply and turned your head to look at him.

"'M just feeling a little down," You replied. Peter nodded.

"Do you know, why?" You shrugged.

"The same as always." Peter knew what that meant. You felt down because you were afraid of telling people about your sexuality. Because you were afraid of not being accepted by them. That a person could react badly and do something. That was why Peter disliked humans.

"There's nothing to worry about," Peter assured you. "Humans can be assholes, but no one has the right to stop you from being yourself. That is cruel. You should know that there are people who... There are people who love you. Okay?" Peter looked down at his hands and bit his lip. A small smile formed on your face and you leaned against his shoulder.

"Thank you, Peter," you said as he put an arm around you.

The two of you sat there in silence for some time. All you could hear was Peter's and your own breathing. Sometimes, it felt like you could hear his heart beating, but that could also be your imagination. The warmth of Peter's body was comforting, just like the arm around you.

"It's so sad how dumb humans can be," Peter stated. "Too dumb to let you love someone." You hummed in agreement.

"I hate this planet sometimes," you admitted, and Peter chuckled silently.

"I know." He pulled you closer into the hug and you leaned your forehead against his chest.

"There's something that I never told you about." Peter's chest vibrated as he spoke.

"What is it?" You muttered into his shirt.

"It's..." Peter paused. You looked up at him and noticed that he looked a little lost, not sure what to say or how to phrase it. You started rubbing circles on his back to comfort him.

"It's okay. Give yourself time," you muttered, and Peter nodded. He bit his lip and sighed.

"I miss all the planets I've been to. You know? I mean... Obviously not all of them, because some planets are really – like reallyugly, but I still miss travelling around. The whole galaxy is my home, not only this boring planet right here. But I still can't leave it, and every time I have tried it so far, I had to come back here. And I never really knew why. This isn't my home, humans are rude, I don't understand a lot of things." Peter chuckled before he continued. "Why do people dab? I don't understand. There are so many things I don't understand. But now I was able to figure out one more thing. That you are the reason I am always coming back here. To this shitty planet. Just for you."

You could almost feel the tension between Peter and you when you didn't say anything. You were still leaning against his shoulder, but it was like Peter was sitting on the other side of a big room, shouting at you. He felt so far away, and you wanted to run over to him to tell him that you thought the same. Just with the difference that you weren't going anywhere. You had to stay on earth, or how Peter called it the 'shitty planet'. But you wanted to change that.

"Peter?"
"Yeah?"
"I'm glad that you're always coming back." He chuckled again.
"That's nice to know."
"But it would be nicer if I came with you to leave this shitty planet." It was a suggestion. You really wanted to come with him, but you had never been to space before. Hell, even sitting in a normal plane was scary.
"It would be nicer," Peter said and pulled you into a hug again, kissing your forehead.
"We'll be together in space then."
"Like... Like together together?"
"If you want that? Sure." Now it was your turn to laugh.
"I'd love that."