PETER PARKER

Peter Parker x male reader

Title: The greatest show

Request: what about a peter parker x male! reader where the reader is the male lead in the school musical and peter told him he can't make any of the shows but at the end of the last show peter gives the reader flowers or something? just fluffy and cuteness. thank you <3

Peter couldn't think about anyone or anything else but you. It had been like this ever since the drama teacher had announced that you would be the male lead in the yearly school musical. Every single wall in the school was covered in posters with your face on it.

Peter stood in front of one of the posters and read the dates of your performances that were listed under the title of the musical. Most of the dates were on the evenings after school. He already knew that he wouldn't have time on any of those days. He had already told you that on one of the days that he had spent with you, helping you with your text and the songs. It had been so much fun to listen to you sing, that Peter wished that Tony Stark had never asked him to help him in Germany. Because ever since then, Peter didn't have time for anything or anyone at all. Saving the city and the world from villains was much harder than Peter had expected it to be, and he left his boyfriend alone more often.

A hand on Peter's shoulder caught him off guard and he turned around, just to look into your shining eyes.
"Hey, Peter!" you said and smiled. Peter forced himself to smile back.
"Hey, Y/N! How was your class?" He asked, and you shrugged.
"Boring. I got a lot of homework in Chemistry. Maybe we could finish that together after school?" You suggested. "You could also help me to go through my text once again. The first show is tomorrow evening." Peter looked at the poster again and he could feel his heart hurt. He knew that you still hoped to see him at the premiere or at least at one of the other shows.
"Y/N..." he started but you cut him off.
"It's okay, Peter. I know that your internship and all that stuff is a lot of work. It is important for you and I respect that."
"I have heard you sing your parts anyway," Peter joked, but when he looked at your face again, he could tell that you didn't find that funny. Your eyes were watery and filled with hurt.
"Have fun with Tony Stark, Peter," you said with an emotionless tone in your voice, before you turned around on your heels and left him alone. Peter sank against the wall. He always did everything wrong. And now he had hurt you. Why couldn't he just be a normal boyfriend? Not one with superpowers. Just a normal nerd hanging out with his best friend and his boyfriend. But he more or less chose this life. He chose it over you.

It had been some time since you had last talked to Peter. You thought that it wouldn't be hard to carry on with school and everything else, but you were wrong. You had started missing him from the moment you had left him standing there alone, next to the poster. The look in Peter's eyes was still haunting you. Fear, hurt, regret. He definitely regretted what he had said, but he never apologized to you.

You were sitting backstage in a chair, trying to gather all your strength to get yourself on stage and perform that musical one more time. It was your last show and you couldn't give up now, even though anxiety and fear were tying you to your chair. One deep breath. Your parents were out there, they'd always support you. Another deep breath. You knew all your lines. You were able to sing every part perfectly. This wasn't different from any other of the shows you had done, so why should you fail now?

Half way to the stage, you could hear the melody of the first song starting to play. Now! You ran onto stage. Out of the dark behind the curtains and into the flashing light on stage. You could hear students, parents and teachers cheering and when your eyes had finally adapted to the sudden light, you let them wander over the crowd. New and old faces. Classmates you had known for years. Your parents. Teachers. And there was another familiar face. One, that you only knew too well and that you had missed so much for the last couple of days.

Peter looked up at the stage with a wide grin that showed his teeth while clapping at your entrance. Your eyes met, and he waved at you. You had to stop yourself from waving back at him.
Don't break your character, you thought to yourself before starting to sing.

"The show was amazing!" Your mom hugged you tightly, while your dad stood behind here nodding.
"You were even better than the shows before," the drama teacher said as you tried to get out of your mom's grip.
"Thanks, Sir," you replied and looked at the people and the other kids from the drama class standing around you. You finally found who you were looking for. Peter was leaning against the wall near the exit and watched the people leaving. He held something in his hands that you couldn't see because of the crowd around you.
"Excuse me for a second," you said and wiggled out of your mom's arms. You crossed the room with a few quick steps. Peter looked down at his feet when he saw you and hid his hands behind his back.
"Hey, Y/N," he muttered. "I am so-" You didn't let him finish. You pulled him into your arms. Peter seemed surprised, but he hugged you back. His body was warm, and he hugged you tighter than your mom had done it before, almost like his life was depending on it. When you pulled away from him, you saw the small bouquet in his hands. He looked down on the flowers as well and smiled slightly.
"I bought them for you. To say sorry." He offered them to you and you took them without hesitation.
"They are beautiful," you whispered. Peter shrugged.
"Not as beautiful as you and your voice," he said with a wink and you laughed. You thanked him and then he was in your arms again.
"For the most talented boyfriend in the world," Peter muttered into your hair. He let go off you.
"Thank you so much for coming." Your boyfriend smiled and scratched the back of his head.
"I had to take the opportunity!"
You leaned over to him and kissed Peter's cheek and smiled when he started blushing.
"Do you want to finish your Chemistry homework at my place tomorrow?" he suggested, and you agreed with a nod.
"Sure." You kissed him again, but this time his lips.