PETER PARKER

Peter Parker x male reader

Title: Letters

Asking people out on dates was not hard. That was at least what people were telling Peter all the time. Everyone was dating: All of his classmates, his teachers, just everybody. It seemed like the most normal thing to do at school. People dated, got married and lived happily ever after.

That was what Peter thought it would be like, when he was younger, but now he knew better.

Dating was a lot more complicated than anything else in the world, and Peter didn't know that, until he met Y/N. A nice boy his age, in the same class as him. Good looking and overall what people called a ten out of ten.

When Peter started falling for the boy, he didn't really know how to deal with it, or what was happening to him. I mean, he knew that there were different sexualities, but he never thought that he might be in love with a guy. But that was the case. Every time he saw the other boy, his heart started beating faster. His hands became sweaty and he started stuttering. It was a miracle that Y/N didn't notice this, but it was good this way.

Peter didn't tell anyone and kept it a secret. Not, because he was embarrassed or afraid. He just didn't talk about his feelings a lot. His friends didn't know, Y/N didn't know, and he wanted it to stay that way, so all he had left was admiring the boy he fell in love with from the distance. Looking over to him in Math class, watching him biting his pencil while trying to solve the tasks. Seeing Y/N sitting next to his friends in the cafeteria at lunch time, laughing.

Peter had never really talked to Y/N. They weren't friends, and they weren't part of the same friend groups. The only times they talked were during classes, sometimes even in the hall, but not that often. Peter thought a lot about asking Y/N to be friends with him. They could hang out, laugh and do things teenagers do when they are friends. But that would never happen.

Peter closed his locker and leaned his forehead against the cold metal. He took a few deep breaths and pressed his books to his chest, before turning around to go to his next class, when suddenly, Y/N was standing in front of him. Peter gasped and stepped back a little to give the boy, who was standing in front of him, a little more space.

"Hey, Peter," Y/N said and gave him one of these gorgeous smiles.

"Oh, Hi Y/N." Peter tried to sound casual, almost bored, but he didn't know if it worked out.

"Are you better now? I noticed that you weren't in yesterday," Y/N asked, and Peter shrugged. He was surprised that Y/N was talking to him like this, they didn't usually do this.

"I'm better now, and you?"

"That's nice to hear. I'm pretty good, I think." Y/N looked down at his hands and Peter followed his eyes. He was holding an envelope in his hands.

"That's something our Maths teacher gave us yesterday, when you weren't here. It's nothing too important." He offered it to Peter and he took it without hesitation.

"Thanks, Y/N! I'll open it later," Peter said and smiled at Y/N again. The other boy nodded and turned around on his heels.

"Will I see you later in Chemistry?" He asked over his shoulder and Peter nodded.

"Sure!"

The door closed behind Peter and he threw his backpack into one corner of the room. He fell onto his bed and recalled all the events of the day. School, homework, tests. Y/N. They had talked in the hall and during Chemistry class. Y/N was so nice, just as Peter expected him to be. He smiled to himself and thought about all the things they had talked about. Maths, movies and music. And friends and family and stuff like that. And Y/N had given him the letter from his maths teacher. Peter stood up from the bed and opened his backpack. He looked for the letter and pulled it out just a few seconds later. The envelope looked like every other envelope he got at school, but it was special. Y/N had given it to him, making it one of the most precious things in the world. Peter smiled and opened it slowly. He pulled the letter out and noticed, that it wasn't what he had expected. It wasn't a letter from school, typed into a computer and printed out with a font that was way too small to read. It was hand-written, in Y/N's writing. Peter shook his head in confusion and started reading.

Dear Peter,

When you are reading this, I was too shy to talk to you in person, so now you have to do the work and read this letter.

Do you know how everyone is always saying that it is easy to ask a person out? It's not. I looked on the internet to find an instruction on how to ask someone on a date, and I liked the idea of writing a letter.

So now to my question: Do you want to go out on a date with me?

You obviously don't have to, but I really like you and I would be very happy if you said yes.

I would like to take you out to a café and go to the cinema after, you can choose the movie.

I hope this didn't freak you out or anything,

Y/N

P.S.: I just realized that I am very bad at writing letters, forgive me.

Peter blinked a few times and let his eyes wander over the letter over and over again, without really reading the words. Was this a dream, or a dream becoming true? He didn't know. His hands were shaking when he put the letter on his desk and stood in his room in confusion. His thoughts were racing as fast as his heart, but one thought was very present: Y/N liked him too, and it made Peter the happiest person in the world.