BUCKY BARNES

Title: Home

Genre: Fluff
Requested:
Definitely Bucky please!I'm not sure, maybe something fluffy and sweet like .. Bucky comforting me when I'm really sad and snuggling and he makes me tea or something?🥰I know that sounds cringey After a bad day of classes - that sorta thing
Warnings:
none, I think. Maybe hints of Angst?
Words:
740

The way home from college felt like a yearlong journey. It was like the street had turned into chewing gum, making every step you took the hardest of your life. Lifting your foot, putting it down before the other while that invisible mass pulled you back, almost made you motionless. Again and again and again.
You felt like you could collapse right there and then, so so close to your apartment, the destination of your journey, home. Where a cosy bed and blankets waited for you, as well as – you froze. On the other side of the street, opposite to your apartment complex, you spotted a car. A smaller one in inconspicuous colours, a darker grey, that did not attract much attention.

But to you, it meant the world at this moment: Bucky was home.

A smile appeared on your lips, and it felt like a weight fell from your shoulders. The rest of the way to your apartment was easy.

"Bucky?" you called into the apartment as you dropped your bag into a corner.
"Kitchen!" Your legs carried you into the room by themselves, you did not have to do anything, and you were there in a second.
"Thank god you're home!" you sighed and sank into your boyfriend's open arms. Bucky held you tight as you buried your face in the crook of his neck. His long hair tickled your cheeks.
"How was college?" "I don't want to talk about it."
You took a deep breath. He smelled like shampoo and just like – home.

"And I don't want to think about it." You melted a little deeper into the embrace, your strength leaving you once again.
"Come on, sit down in the living room," Bucky whispered. A kiss was planted on your neck, Bucky's beard scratching the sensitive skin there. "I'm gonna make you some tea, alright, Love?"

You found yourself on the sofa just a few seconds later, with Bucky putting a blanket around your shoulders.
"I'll be right back." His lips met your forehead before he rushed back into the kitchen. The sound of the kettle droned in your ears.

"How was the mission?"
"It was alright!" came the answer from the other room. "I really missed you. A lot."
"But it was only a few days." Your boyfriend re-entered the room with a steaming cup of tea and a plate of cookies.
"And? Did you not miss me?"
"Of course I did, Buck."

He sat down next to you and you put the blanket around his shoulders as well. "I missed you so much, too." You grabbed a cookie and leaned against Bucky's side.
"College has been a lot lately." A strong arm was put around you and you sank into a long embrace.
"So so much is happening, I'm having troubles dealing with it." You could feel your eyes watering and shifted closer against Bucky. With your ear against his chest, you heard his heart beating in a rhythm that calmed you down a little.
"I'm sorry that college is so much for you, I know that it is what you dreamed of." Bucky's chest vibrated as he spoke. "But I promise to you, that I'll be here for you along the way. I'll always be here to support you. Okay?"
"But you can't always be here," you protested quietly. "You have missions and responsibilities a thousand times bigger than the college campus!"
"And? They can send someone else on a mission." Bucky kissed the top of your head. "Because you are important to me too. And I can't assign a different Avenger to be your boyfriend, but I can assign someone else to take down the bad guys." A small chuckle escaped you at that.

For the next few minutes, the two of you were quiet. All you could hear was Bucky's heart beating. His breath moved your hair, his hand drew soothing circles and shapes on your back.

"I hope you know that I love you," said Bucky after a while.
"I hope you know that I love you too." You sat up, smiling. With your fingers, you brushed a loose strand of Bucky's hair behind his ear before you leaned forward to connect your lips. The kiss lasted long, but by far not long enough.
"I love you, Y/N." Bucky pecked your lips. "So much. And if you need someone to burn down your college, you can just tell me."