PETER PARKER

Peter Parker x trans male reader

Title: A new home

Peter immediately grabbed his phone when it rang. The sound of your favourite song was playing and made Peter smile. His smartphone's display lit up and showed the photo he had saved for your contact. It was a cute picture, not one of those he had saved for his friends, those silly pictured they took of each other. No, it was you smiling lightly, not really aware that Peter was taking a picture of you.

Peter pressed a button to take the call, and instead of saying 'hello', he practically yelled, "How did it go?" into the microphone. The other end of the line was silent, only the faint crackling sound was proof that there was a connection between Peter's phone and yours.

"Y/N?" Peter asked, "Are you there?"

He got a sob instead of a reply. That was when his heart dropped. Fear crept up his spine, making him numb all over when he heard you sob again.

"Peter," you choked out his name. It went wrong. So wrong.
"Peter, they kicked me out."

His hands and legs started shaking as he sank on his bed.

"What?" he whispered barely audibly, but you heard him.
"They yelled and me, and now... Peter, they hate me!"

Fuck. Peter didn't usually swear, not even in his head, but this time he had to say it out loud.

"Fuck, Y/N," he said, eyes slowly watering. "Fuck."

In a normal situation, you would have told him not swear, but this time, you repeated the word. Over and over again.
"I told them that I'm trans, but they yelled at me," you cried out. "They told me to leave, that I can come back when I realize that I'm their... their..."
"You don't have to say it," Peter told you. He felt hot tears streaming down his face as well and he quickly wiped them away with the sleeve of his sweater.
"If they say those kind of things, they are... Not what you should call your parents, okay?" he breathed in and out deeply. His mind was a mess, thoughts spiralling around you, your parents and your coming out. Again and again. A few more deep breaths and Peter tried to speak again.

"Y/N, I am so sorry. I- I..." his voice failed him again and he sobbed loudly. He had been the one who had encouraged you that it would be okay. He had told you that your parents would be okay with it all. But he had been wrong. So wrong.

"It's not your fault, Peter," your voice cracked when you said his name. "It's really not your fault."

With this, you hung up. Peter held his phone in place, listening to the beeping signalising him that your end of the line was dead. He put his phone down.

Staring at his home screen for the next ten minutes, Peter thought about everything and at the same time nothing. Every time his display got dark or turned off to save energy, he turned it back on. His wallpaper was you and him, smiling and laughing. Frozen in time, far, far away.

Peter's thumb hovered over the small icon on the screen, that showed a telephone. He wasn't sure if he should call you. Well, he probably should, but he didn't know if you wanted to talk to him.

Time passed and neither his thumb, not the rest of his body moved, until...

"Peter, would you like to order Chinese, or-" May stopped midsentence. Her eyes widened when they fell on Peter's small figure on the bed.
"Oh, darling." In less than a second, she sat next to peter and held him in her arms.

"It's about Y/N," Peter sobbed. "His family, they... they kicked him out." May only hugged him tighter. Her warm body pressed against his and gave him some kind of comfort.
"I told him that everything would be fine, but as it turns out, I was wrong." Peter balled his hands into fists. "It's my fault!"

"It's not your fault, Peter!" May protested. She started rubbing Peter's back slowly.
"If Y/N's parents don't want him, they are assholes. Okay?" He nodded and let out another sob into the crook of her neck.

They stayed like this for a moment. Peter's heart was pounding loudly in his chest and his blood was still boiling from anger.
May broke the silence.
"Can he live anywhere? Like his grandparents or aunts and uncles?" Peter thought for a second before shaking his head.

"Call him. Tell him that we'll pick him up in a few minutes."

It had started raining when Peter jumped out of the car and ran over the street, the rain water splashing high, up to his knees and thighs. He didn't bother to even close his jacket to protect himself from the cold. The only thing that mattered now was getting into the café you had described when Peter had asked for your location.

He opened the door of the coffee shop. Warm air streamed outside and rolled over him like a wave.

There you were. Your back was turned to Peter, but you turned around as soon as you heard the door falling shut again. Peter's eyes trailed over your red and puffy eyes, to your wet hair and to the backpack that stood next to your feet. His legs carried him through the room by themselves.

"Y/N," he breathed out as he leaned down to hug you. His arms wrapped around you and he felt like crying all over again.
"You'll be okay. I promise."

Both Peter and you cried on the whole way home. He held your hand and squeezed it while May ranted over your parents and showered you with love at the same time.

"I'll take good care of you, Y/N," she said and looked over her shoulder for a second before focusing on the street again.
"We will take good care of you," Peter corrected his aunt with a soft smile. "I promise."