The Queen's Battle Pt 1

HEYO! How's it going? Hope it's good cuz I got a fun chapter for you here. Well, I think it's fun. I am writing and editing this at midnight so if there are mistakes please just ignore them, I try my best.

Anway, enjoy!<3

-------------------------------------------------

"Tonight the Grand Palais hosts the most eagerly awaited event of the year," Nadja Chamack speaks through the screen. "The sensational fashion show of famous designer, Gabriel Agreste. And a major event always brings prestigious guests. Mayor Bourgeois is expected to show with his wife, the famed fashion critic." Oh yeah, Chloe's mom. Can't wait to meet her... Is my sarcasm too obvious?

I turn to the sound of Mari fiddling with her hat. We are sitting in her room, she's fussing over her feather themed hat that Adrien is going to wear today. Speaking of wearing things: Mari is dressed in a gorgeous pink sundress with an azure blue blazer. The top is halter style and the bottom is flowy, reaching just below her knees. She's wearing cute little black flats to match her hair, which is in its regular pigtails by my request, and they have little pink bows on the toes like Tinkerbell. She wanted to make me match so I'm wearing an azure blue feminine tuxedo with a white undershirt and pink tie. My shoes are black like hers and my hair is 1) up in a high bun with bangs pulled out if long, 2) either down and wavy or in pigtails like Mari if around shoulder length or, 3) gelled into a swoop style like Adrien's if pixie cut. Did I mention that Mari made my outfit herself to match the one Gabriel gave her? I feel like that's important to mention.

I'm also wearing the Ladybug Earrings. Why? Because Gabriel gave Mari specific jewelry to wear with the outfit. So I've been tasked with keeping them safe. I doubt she's going to need them today, anyway.

"Honestly, babe, it's perfect! Fuckwad- I mean, Gabriel already said so," I assure her. She turns to glare at me. I shrug, "What? I respect his style, not his personality or attitude."

"I agree, Marinette!" Tikki cheers in her adorably high voice. "Not about Gabriel but with the hat." Seriously, I'll never get over how cute she is. I wonder if she can sense that Melody is here... 

"I don't know, guys," Mari sulks. "I feel like this is the ugliest hat in the world. And Adrien is supposed to model it! How will Audrey Bourgeois react to Gabriel's son wearing such an atrocious hat? She's gonna think I have no talent and everyone is gonna find that out. I'm a failure..."

She slinks to the floor and her head bows. I step to her and join her on the floor.  Placing on hand on her shoulder and one under her chin, I lift her head to meet my eyes. When we make eye contact I gently and sweetly kiss her.

"Please, don't be negative," I coo. "You're the most talented designer I know. If she doesn't like your amazing hat then I'll have to knock some fashion sense into her." She giggles a bit at my violent promise. To be fair, I have told off Gabriel Agreste, Officer Roger, the Mayor himself and countless other adults with authority; what makes Chloe's mom so different?

Mari pecks my lips again lovingly. "Thanks, Y/N. I can always count on you to cheer me up," she says softly and gratefully.

"That's what girlfriends are for," I whisper back.

Tikki flies between our giggling faces and looks sternly between us. "When you ladies are done being all adorably lovey, you might wanna check the time," she interrupts.

I check my watch (because TIMe is a prECious thRead in the FAbric of the uNiverSe; it DEserVes its OWn ToOl of mEASuRemEnT! -General MacNamara).

"SHIT! We're late!"

We run and run and run and run. Jeez, if I did this about a year ago I would never have been able to run this far. Thank you martial arts and hero work! We run all the way up to the red carpet and a silver limo pulls in just before we reach the red strip.