First Day of School. Don't Screw Up!

After a month of exploring Paris and mapping out the city, the school year has finally arrived. During my month of freedom, I met a lovely baker girl named Marinette Dupain-Cheng who lives at her bakery a block away from me. I also saw a very attractive blond boy posing in the park. He must be a model. I never got to talk to him, don't know if that's a good or bad thing honestly. I also bumped into the Mayor's daughter, Chloe Bourgeois. She was an absolute bitch about it too. I wanted to snap back at her but instead, I just walked away with her yelling at me. God, in one month I have made a new friend and an enemy. Go me!

Slamming my hand on my alarm and shielding my eyes from the sunrise, I reluctantly get out of bed. Sluggishly making my way to my closet, now full thanks to Mari. I pull on a plain black t-shirt and some jean shorts, along with a grey toqué and a buffalo plaid button-up overshirt. (AN: sorry I'm from Canada guys)

Flinging my messenger bag over my shoulder, I saunter down the stairs to the kitchen. I can still hear my Dad snoring when I reach the second floor; he's an accountant so he works from home meaning he gets to sleep in. Lucky. Arriving in the kitchen my Mom places a plate of eggs and bacon plus a bowl of fruit on the counter for me. I sit on one of the bar stools and chow down. My mom is a university professor, she is the reason we moved. She was offered a job at Paris Sciences et Lettres Research University (PSL), one that she couldn't turn down.

Kissing her on the cheek, I bid mom goodbye and go downstairs to get my daily morning coffee. I'm a regular at the café by now so my (coffee or tea of your choice) is already waiting for me. The barista, Kris, sees me and places the large drink on the counter. Thanking her, I walk out the door slightly more awake.

It takes about ten minutes to walk to school from home. When I arrive I see a bespectacled girl with reddish-brown ombre hair. She is wearing an orange flannel shirt with blue jeans and seems to be looking for something. I approach the girl with a wide smile.

"Hi, there! I'm Y/N L/N." I greet cheerfully.

She looks at me with wide eyes. "Oh! Hi! I'm Alya Cesaire." She replies with the same cheeriness as me. We shake hands. 

"You look lost. Wanna be lost together?" I joke.

"Oh! Are you new here too?" She asks. I see a glimmer of hope shine in her eyes.

"Yeah, I moved here a month ago. I know the city by now but this building is uncharted land for me." I spread my arms dramatically outlining the building. She chuckles and I join in. Alya looks over my shoulder curious and I hear frantic footsteps and panting behind me. I turn around and am met with exactly who I expected. Mari, late as always.

"It's the first day Mari and you are already sleeping in," I start laughing again, "I hope those are sweets in that box to make up for it," I comment on the box she's holding.

"Oh ha ha Y/N. My alarm didn't go off so my dad had to wake me up," she says in between pants. "And yes, there are macarons in here. I brought some for the whole class."

"Aw HELL YEAH!" I exclaim, pumping my fist. I feel a tap on my shoulder and turn my head to Alya bearing a confused face.

"Ah right, sorry. Mari, this is Alya Cesaire, she's new here like me. Alya, this is Marinette Dupain-Cheng. Her parents own that bakery across the street." I explain, pointing the Tom & Sabine Boulangerie Patisserie. Alya smiles wide and shakes Mari's hand, who is mirroring Alya. Alya starts bombarding Mari with questions about the school. I'm only half-listening to their conversation as I follow them up the stairs to the doors. On the last stair, I trip on my shoelace. Alya and Mari turn to help but I wave them off saying it's fine and I'll catch up in a second. Tying my shoe and standing up I hear someone panting behind me again. Knowing this person isn't Mari, I turn around, my curiosity piqued. I see the blond boy from the park sprinting up the stairs, worriedly looking behind him. I fail to register him coming right at me and with him not looking, he crashes into me. He realizes the compromising position we are in and jumps off.