Feast

*In Scar's Voice* BE PREPAAAAAARRRRRRED!

--------------------------------------------------

Alya has dragged me and Mari to the Louvre for some superhero shit. She says that she discovered something about them and wants to share it with us. I'm honestly a little scared at what she found.

A crowd has formed around a new exhibit. I hear Nadja Chamack explaining it in front of a camera a few meters from me, Alya, Alix, and Mari.

"... A mysterious statue carved from hardened lava, which was recently discovered on the highest mountaintops of Tibet by the museum's curator, Mr. Kubdel!" Tibet... That's where Fu is from right? He told me all about the Order of Guardians and that they disappeared. He never told me how they were wiped out though.

"Y/N!" Alya's voice pulls me from thinking about the Guardians. "Pay attention."

I shake my head. "Sorry, zoned out. What were you saying?"

She pinches her nose at me. "Well, the first thing you should know is that the heroes' powers come from magical jewels called Miraculouses."

My eyes widen. Her eyes meet mine and seem to understand what I'm communicating. What the fuck are you doing?

"Alya, I thought we already agreed that you wouldn't investigate anymore," I remind her. "Y'know, to protect their identities from Hawkmoth."

Alya laughs nervously. "I know, but this research has nothing to do with their identities. I'm going to help them unmask Hawkmoth! Plus, I think I found a connection between the Miraculouses, Hawkmoth and the heroes."

Oh fuck... What has she gotten herself into now? Mari is clutching my hand, clearly having the same thoughts as me but much more intense.

Alya leads us through the museum as she explains her theory to us. "I believe that Ladybug, Chat Noir, Perruche and other heroes have been depicted throughout the centuries. Until, for some unknown reason, they disappeared and the world forgot about them." I nod since I already know all this from Guardian training.

Alya leads us to the Ancient Egypt exhibit. "We already know the Ladybug from Ancient Egypt," she says pointing to the red thing on the papyrus scroll. Oh yes, I very clearly remember almost being sacrificed as a rebound wife for a sun god that day. Fun times. "Don't forget that the Egyptians worshipped cats at the time. Look at all the black cats around here!" Ok, she does have a point there.

She leads us to the Mona Lisa hallway. She points to a black knight that wielded a flag pole but carried no sword. "Here, a black knight, or a Black Cat Miraculous holder?" She grabs me and Mari's hands and drags us to the next one. "C'mon!"

Next, she takes us to a painting of a woman with a gold tiara in white surrounded by white butterflies. "Here! A lady, or, a Butterfly superhero?" Okay, I can see that. "And here!" She pulls up her phone of a picture of Hercules painted on some pottery. "Hercules, or, Lion Miraculous holder?"

Mari scoffs. "Okay, so now there's a Lion Miraculous?"

"Why not add a Bunny Miraculouos while you're at it?" Alix asks jokingly.

I snort and cover my mouth with my fist. The girls look at me in confusion so I play the snort off as a cough. "Sorry, please continue, Alya." And so she does. But ok, seriously Alix, that was fucking ironic!

She leads on to a statue of two women holding hands and looking confident. "So, you know how sculptures were once painted right?" We all nod. "Well, most of the paint was washed away over time but microscopic pigments remain. So, I found this app that analyzes the pigment remains and repaints the sculpture. Watch this!" She tasks a picture of the statue. The two women are suddenly painted. The one on the right is coloured to look like Perruche. Her dress is mainly red but the bottom is blue and yellow, as well as her sleeves. And her mask is just like mine. The one on the left becomes covered in red and black polka dots decorate her. Her mask is just like Ladybug's. Huh, even back then we were a couple.