The Collector

Hello my lovelies! Hope you're having a wonderful day!
------------------------------------------------------

Saturday!!!! A whole day to just hang out with Melody. To learn about each other. GAH I'm so excited!

My excited mood is interrupted by a phone call. It's Mari.

"Hey, babe! What's up?" I ask.

"Y/N, I have to talk to you, can I come over?" Mari sounds really worried.

"Yeah, for sure." What is going on? Is it something to do with the book? I hang up on Mari and address My Kwami friend, "Okay, Mel, Mari is on her way so you have to hide." She nods then hides in my closet; I hide the box and note in there too.

Two minutes later LB crashes through my trapdoor panting and panicking. She starts rambling things so fast I can't understand a word she's saying.

"Woah, woah, woah," I grab her shoulders to stabilize her, "Deep breath, speak slowly." She nods and does so.

"Y/N," she finally says, "Master Fu says that whoever owned that book could possibly have the butterfly and peacock Miraculouses," I nod. "Since Adrien had it..." She continues.

My eyes widen. No no no, she doesn't seriously think?... "Mari, honey, no," I state firmly, "Adrien is not Hawkmoth."

"But how do you know? It's possible," Mari counters.

"Mari," I shake my head, "Has Adrien ever been a good liar?" She shakes her head. "Has he done anything to harm anyone purposefully?" She shakes her head again. "Adrien is like my brother, he tells me everything, he even texted me about losing the book yesterday. He's not Hawkmoth."

She takes another deep breath. "You're right," she nods, "Adrien is too kind and innocent to be a villain."

"He probably just found it somewhere and thought it was interesting," I brainstorm aloud.

My phone buzzes. Speak of the devil.

Sunshine Boy: That book I lost was my Father's source of inspiration. I'm not allowed outside anymore. Can you look for it? Please?

I show the text to LB. "So it was Gabriel's book," Mari observes. I nod in agreement. She transforms and calls Chat to let him know of our suspicions then leaps away to the school roof to wait for him. Gabriel could be Hawkmoth. He's cold to everyone, including his son, he never leaves his home, and he recently lost his wife.

I text Adrien back saying I'll do what I can then kiss Mari good luck and goodbye.

Once she's gone I call for Melody. "You ready for our first mission?"

"~I'm so excited!~" She sings, "~And I just can't hide it!~ " She compliments The Pointer Sisters' song with the Carlton Dance.

I roll my eyes with a smile, "Okay you little performer, let's give them a show. Melody! Let's Fly!" I stomp my foot making myself launch up. A red, yellow and blue light explodes from my necklace  midair. I land with knee high, black boots and the rest is red with yellow and blue gloves and tail. I cross my right arm to touch my left shoulder then swipe it up and across my face leaving a white mask with grey lines and red rim. My lips turn black and my hair follows my hand, pulling up into a high pony much like when I was Malchance. I do a back walkover while white sparkles form a white belt with grey stripes to match my mask on my waist and a feather-shaped throwing knife appears on each hip. I end the transformation with a power pose.

(A/N: I know, it sucks, let's move on from that. You got the fit, the Kwami, and the Miraculous in and out of transformation)

 You got the fit, the Kwami, and the Miraculous in and out of transformation)