Captain Hardrock

SPOILER! Fluff, gayness, and a whole lotta swearing. Enjoy!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why are streamers so hard? Like, it's a string with paper triangles dangling from it. How the hell does it get tangled so easily? I've been trying to detangle this blasted thing for the past ten minutes!

Kitty Section, a band a few of our classmates made, is having their first concert tonight. Rose is the lead singer, Ivan is the drummer, Juleka is the bass guitarist and her older brother is the main guitarist. Luka, the brother, is apparently really nice. I wouldn't know, I have yet to meet him. I haven't heard their music yet either, but I do know two things: one, that their style is like positive/sunshine metal, and two, that they're awesome.

Alya, me, Nino, Mari and Mylene all came to help set up. Nino and Alya are assembling the speakers, Mylene is hanging the streamers I have already detangled, and Mari was tidying up a bit. Just as I find the right string to pull, a certain clumsy bluenette crashes into me. The jerk made the knot tumble free of itself.

"Oh my goodness," she rushes out, "Sorry Y/N."

"All good, babe," I chuckle. I grab the string and show it to her, "You actually sped the process up by a lot." She giggles a bit and I kiss her cheek; she's too adorable to resist. Blushing like a maniac, Mari continues to tidy.

I walk over to Mylene with the detangled streamer and we begin to hang it. Rose's voice starts to come out of the speakers getting louder and louder until the feedback forces me to cover my ears. How she doesn't make the mic do that when singing is beyond me. I wonder how her voice will sound, I've never heard her sing before.

Looking at our work with satisfaction, I pat Mylene on the shoulder. We did well. I walk up to Alya who's holding the ladder for Nino.

"Have you heard from Adrien?" I ask her. She shakes her head so I yell up to Nino. "Yo! Is sunshine boy on his way?!"

"He said he's got something with his old man," Nino yells back, "He'll be here soon after!"

The displeasure is clear on my face. Yes, I am a little upset that my cinnabun isn't here yet, but I'm more upset about his dad. I've never gotten good vibes from him, especially after The Collector. Thank the Lord I'm in his good books, or else he and I would be at each other's throats 24/7.

My grumpy thoughts are interrupted by a very thick pirate accent. "Captain Arnaka speaking to ya!" I love Juleka's mom. The Captain wears a pink shirt and blue jeans with a black, pirate-style overcoat on top and stylish brown boots. Her wrists are adorned with a variety of mix-matched bracelets and mix-matched earrings as well. She has long, braided grey hair that reaches her butt and her bangs are contained by a purple and black headband. She's awesome. Juleka took me to meet her after Reflekta. Well, not right after, I was a little, uh... busy then, but the day after. Anyway, she's a riot! "So how's it coming along, me young pirates? Ready to celebrate the-" She squints at the space behind me and readjusts her red glasses. "Whatcha up to, there, matey?" She walks past me and approaches Mari.

"Oh! I'm uh, I'm cleaning up for tonight," Mari explains while Arnaka takes the box from Mari's hands. "Your boat will be clean as a whistle!" Mari places her hands on her hips and gives a proud close-eyed smile. Fuck, I love her.

"You're cleaning?" Arnaka asks a little amused. she lets out a mighty laugh then starts throwing the contents of the box on the ground. "Didn't my daughter tell ya? We like the lived-in look," she explains, "There are no rules here on the Liberty! Out of chaos comes creation. Messiness is life!" The Captain really is something else. Juleka has the coolest mom. Mine is cool, Mari's is cooler, the Captain is the coolest.