Party Crasher

Mari is struggling with her tree so I step in to help her get the plant in the pot. She breathes heavily at the action. We are planting trees by the Seine because Mylene asked us to help her. I carry another tree to its pot with a bit of struggle, only stumbling when I yawn or my vision goes slightly blurry. I didn't get much sleep last night because I was on the phone with my friends from (hometown) all night. Life really was simpler back in (hometown), crazy how hectic my life got in the past few months. 

"Hey, weren't the guys supposed to be here?" Mari asks the group. I stuff my tree in the pot and barely catch myself from collapsing from exhaustion. 

Alya pulls out her phone. "Nino got a last-minute DJ-ing gig at his grandma's birthday party," she reads the text from Nino.

"Ivan suddenly got a toothache and rushed over to the dentist," Mylene adds. 

"Nathaneal's computer crashed and lost all the pages of the comic book he and Marc are doing," Alix reads her text. "Max and Markov are helping them fix it."

"Kim had to go to the pool for a mandatory swimming practice," Rose squeaks. "Although I'm not sure why he texted me that."

I giggle at Rose's sentence. Yeah, I'm not sure why Kim would send her that either. If anything, I would've expected him to text me if he had to cancel. I roll my eyes and step to get the next tree but my feet get tangled and I fall. Luckily Mari catches me. 

"Y/N, why are you so tired?" She asks. "Maybe you should get some rest."

"No, no," I tell her as I stand up. "I'm fine. Really."

Mari shakes her head and the other girls join her. "Seriously, girl," Alya says with care. "I know you want to help but just take a short nap. You can come back later, we'll be here all day." The others nod along with her. I sigh knowing they will force me into a bed if I don't comply.

"Okay, okay," I concede. I actually do need the sleep though. Not only did I stay up until 3 AM talking to my (hometown) friends but Akumas are taking a lot out of me. Bakerix was a doozie but the bread was good, Gamer showed again and I got quite a few bruises during that, and for some reason, Tom got akumatized into Weredad when he thought I stood Mari up for a dinner date - which I did not. Yeah, Weredad was a rough one, Tom really beat me up.

Anyway, I bid the girls farewell for an hour max and head home for some sleep. On the way, my vision gets really blurry so I start stumbling around. Melody has to fly out and try to keep me standing a few times. Jeez, I really need more caffeine. Or sleep, maybe sleep would be better.

"Y/N, be careful," Melody scolds softly. 

"I know, I know," I sigh. I look up and notice Adrien's house just down the street. "Y'know, I think I'll crash Adrien's house for a bit. I mean, I've done it before. I'm sure he won't mind."

"Okay," Melody agrees. "Be careful."

"Thanks, Mel." I find an alley and transform. I fly out of the alley and head straight for Adrien's window. 

I get there and perch myself on the window sill. All the boys seem to be throwing Adrien a party. Oh, so that's why they aren't planting trees. The boys stop what they're doing to stare in shock at me. 

"Perruche? What are you doing here?" Adrien asks. 

I open my mouth to answer but a yawn escapes me instead. "I'm here to protect you from a Hakuna Matata," I say tiredly. I look at my wrist, pretending there's a watch there. "But that's not for, like, another hour or so." I float in and hover over his bed. "Don't burn the place down," I say with a two-finger salute and then I collapse on Adrien's bed, completely blacked out.