Dark Cupid

Get ready for some smooching action! Sorry in advance...

Valentine's Day. Yipee... I mean, it's a lovely holiday. A day where people can express their love for their significant others. The only difference between today and every other day is that we single people feel lonelier than usual. I'm not particularly lonely, I like platonic relationships a lot. Just being a bro to the people I care about. But today makes me doubt that I am happy, it's weird. Mental health is weird. Damn psychology, why can't I just be happy all the time? Eh, screw it, weed is legal now, I'll just be high all the time.  Problem solved.

"Y/N," ah shit, "Can you repeat what I just said?"

"Sorry Ms. Bustier, I was in my own world there for a second," I say pretending to be ashamed. 

"What were you thinking about?" She asks me. Shit. I can feel everyone's eyes on me. Except for Adrien, he's writing something.

"Umm," I try desperately to think of something other than weed. Goddammit, I got nothing. "I was thinking about Valentine's Day," I say, "and, um, Mary Jane."

"Who's Mary Jane?" Ms. B asks. I can feel Alix, Juleka and Ivan's smirks. Damn the children I have turned to the dark side.

"Mary Jane makes me happy," I say trying so hard not to explode into laughter. My three no-longer-innocent-little-beans are clearly having the same struggle. Oh my lord. Everyone else looks confused and some are wiggling their eyebrows at me. They must think 'Mary Jane' is a real person.  

"Well, I hope you and her have a lovely day," Ms. B says to me. Oh, if I get my hands on 'her' I sure will, hehe. "Anyway, as I was saying, in most fairytales, the prince awakens the sleeping princess with a true loves kiss. Can anyone tell me why?"

"Because only love can conquer hate," Rose says all dreamily. I shake my head sticking my tongue out. Does no one else find that kinda 'rapey'? Like, a dude that she has either never met before or only once kisses her while she's blacked out. I mean come on! I'd punch the dude right in the kisser if they did that to me. 

"Very good, Rose," Ms. B congratulates her. 

"Actually," Max starts. Oh shit, here we go again. "This ending is only represented in only 80% of fairytales. In the most famous one, Snow White and the Seven Dwarves, it was not even a kiss that broke the 'spell', it was mouth to mouth CPR. The prince simply removed the poisoned apple from Snow White's throat so she could breathe again." Hell yeah, glad someone actually knows the story.  I reach my hand back and Max high fives it.

"Yes, thank you, Max. Adrien, I hope what you're writing has to do with my lesson." Oh shit. Adrien, you goof. "Can you repeat what I just said?"

"The prince kisses the princess which breaks the spell because only love can conquer hate." Shit, well done you goof nut. AHA! The bell. Thank the lord, get me out of this lovey-dovey environment and into a doctor's office. I want my weed! 

Adrien rushes out but drops a crumpled up piece of paper right beside the trash can. Ooh, I smell tea. I grab the crumpled up paper, open it to see a poem. Awe it's a love poem!

A/N: Ima make this up, sorry if it sucks.

We've been through so much together,

I can't help but grow attached.

For you are such a treasure,

Your brilliance is unmatched.

Your hair flows so freely,

In the soft Parisian breeze.

I know that this sounds cheesy,