France, Yippee!

Welp, here we go! I just moved from (hometown) to France to start my new life! My parents put me in french immersion just for this, thank God they did. Everyone is speaking french at this airport. This is terrifying. I've lived in (hometown) all my life. All my friends are back there, all two of them at least. Ruby and Will, the two most amazing people ever. Being the, uh, "weirdos" back home brought us together. Man, I'm going to miss them.

"YYYY/NNN!" A voice rang through the luggage claim. Now that's a voice I'd know anywhere.

"OHHHHH YYYYYY/NNNNNN!!" It bellowed again. Shit, this dude's loud. I decide to reply just as loud.

"YES, IM HERE!!! IM THE TINY PERSON IN THIS HUGE CROWD!" I internally snicker at my response. Jeez, I'm cringeworthy. My internal cringefest was interrupted by two massive arms grabbing me from behind and squeezing me, lifting me into the air.

"Oh, Y/N. You give the best hugs." My Dad says into my shoulder.

"I'm not even hugging you!" I chuckle. I can barely breathe in his grip. Dad releases me and grabs my bag, which conveniently showed up when he did.

We meet up with my Mom who is waiting with our taxi by the curb. We load everything up and start driving to our new home. I have no idea where we're going and honestly, I don't really care. The beautiful city of Paris flies by outside my window. Little cafés, small book stores, bakeries, adorable apartments over bars and shops. I try to absorb as much of it as possible.

After half an hour of frantically noticing every detail I could, the taxi stops in front of our new home. It's a quaint little building. There is a café-slash-library on the first and second floors. The remaining three floors were our apartment. I walk in expecting a quiet little coffee shop. Boy, was I wrong. The place is buzzing with people. The baristas are happily chatting with customers while brewing their drinks. There are at least twenty tables, all full by the way. Holy shit, this is amazing! I can already picture it: I walk down on my way to school, grab the (favourite coffee or tea) already made for me. Then when I come home, I grab another (drink of choice) and do homework in the library upstairs. AHHH, this is going to be awesome!

Walking up the stairs - after getting a drink of course - I find the library. This floor has the exact opposite energy to the obnoxious café. The same welcoming, warm and cozy vibe, but it's silent, save for the odd whisper and turning of pages. It's beautiful, the perfect study space for a young student like me.

Holy shit, I'm excited to see our apartment. Sprinting up the stairs, I start fumbling with the doorknob. Fuck, Dad has the key. Waiting. Waiting. Waiting. Then footsteps. Finally! Mom and Dad get to the door and open it with ease. I freeze where I am. This place is incredible! The first floor consists of an open concept living room, dining room, and kitchen. To my immediate left is a powder room and to my right is a staircase. I want to explore the upper floors! Calm down, take it slow and take it all in. I walk into the - huge - kitchen which Dad is already fanboying over. The counters are oriented in a 'U' shape and there is an oval-shaped island in the middle. The fridge is yet to be stocked though. Guess we're eating downstairs then. Next is the dining area. There really isn't much. A wooden, oval table with six matching chairs around it. Now the livi- HOLY SHIT THAT'S A BIG TV! A huge 'L' shaped couch frames a massive HD TV. If we don't have weekly movie nights here I will throw hands. This is basically a theatre. A soft rug tickles my feet as I hurriedly walk to the couch. I jump on the cushions and it felt like landing on a cloud. I sink deep into the couch, thoroughly enjoying the warmth. I see a shadow coming. I don't know what it is but I'm assuming my dad has tossed a pillow at me. OW, this pillow is heavy. Wait, this is not a pillow. MY DAD SAT ON ME! I start squirming and he jumps in surprise.

"Y/N! How did you get there! I didn't even see you."

"Wow, no 'sorry for sitting on you'? Rude." I retort laughing.

"Oh ha ha. You can go upstairs, your room is on the top floor."

"Okay."

I skip up the stairs to the second floor of our apartment. Here, there's my parents' bedroom with a king-size bed and a luxurious ensuite to the right. Then a guest room is on the left. There isn't anything super special about it. It was decorated like the living room downstairs. Though instead of a couch, a queen bed and instead of a - kickass - TV, there's a closet and dresser.

After exploring that, I decide to go to the third floor to see my new me-cave. There's a door right after the last stair. I open it to discover that my room is not just on the third floor, it is the third floor! The square footage is smaller than the other two floors, but it's still bigger than the master bedroom! There's a ladder in the corner leading to a hatch, I wonder where that goes? Before my curiosity can get the best of me, I look closer at my surroundings. My bed is up against the wall under a window opposite the door (you can choose for it to be in the middle or in the corner). To the right of the entryway, there are two more doors. One leads to a gorgeous, yet simple, bathroom and the other opens to a walk-in closet. Other than some extra bed sheets, it was empty. The main room itself was incredible. The window was facing the East so the sun can wake me up, there is a huge space in the middle of the room to do whatever I want. On the opposite wall to the bathroom and closet, there's a massive desk with an elaborate organizing system. Ooh boy, can't wait to use that. Or rather, make a mess of it.

After gazing around my new room and planning out how I'm going to decorate it, I climb the ladder to the hatch. Swinging the trapdoor open I'm blinded by the evening sun. Waiting for my eyes to adjust, I deduce that I am outside. The breeze brushes my skin and blows my hair around. Opening my eyes, I'm met with a breathtaking picture. The Effiel Tower is silhouetted against the sun, bits of light reflecting off the metal. The clouds above are painted red and orange while slivers of dark indigo sky peek through. All I can do is stand and admire the most beautiful view I have ever seen.

After a few minutes, the array colours all meld into indigo, speckled with bright stars. Snapping out of my daze, I turn around to find the roof of our apartment to be half a balcony, half a regular roof. It's equipped with a cheap but comfortable lawn chair, a beach umbrella hanging over it, a small square table next to the chair and potted plants placed sporadically on the balcony ledge. At this point, I cannot tell where I am going to be spending more time. The cafe and library downstairs are amazing, the living room is amazing, my room is amazing, and this balcony is amazing.

I can't wait to start this amazing new life.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope you enjoyed! This is my first fanfic so please comment on it if I make mistakes or if something doesn't make sense. Criticism is very welcome. Hate is not though, shit like that will be ignored.

Anyway, a few notes:

- There will be further swearing because I am illiterate and cannot think of any other way to emphasize things

- Y/N is female and bisexual. ...Soo basically she is me teehee

- I have failed to find any good MarinettexReader fics so this is gonna be that. Sorry if that's not what you want. I promise my sarcasm and jokes will be worth it though! :)

Okay, that's all! Thanks!!!!!