Animan

Quick heads up, this chapter is over 8500 words long. I am very sorry. Here's a funny video to make up for it. Hope you enjoy :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Finally! Lunch hour. I starving! I haven't eaten since yesterday's lunch. I pack cheese and cookies to snack on during the day but they always disappear before I even get the chance to touch them! I really need to start packing things that aren't Tikki and Plagg's favourite food. Maybe apples, or strawberries? Nah I need something hearty and filling. Maybe-

"Umph!" I crash into someone. Damn my food-driven and ADD brain. I look up to see Adrien. In front of him is Nino; although, he doesn't seem to notice me and Adrien there. 

"Sorry, Cinnabun. I was thinking about food." I point to Nino, "What's up with him?" Adrien places a finger on my lips to shush me. He takes my hand and pulls me with him to hide behind Nino. The dark-skinned boy is spying on someone? I follow his gaze to see Mari and Alya looking through a Teen Weekly magazine. I hold back an 'awwweeeee' causing my throat to make a hiccup like sound. 

"You know, Alya is never gonna fall for a statue," Adrien says scaring the shit out of Nino. I can't help but let out a laugh. This dude is adorable!

"Bro! You know I'm not good with the ladies," Nino says sounding nervous. Like Alya and Mari are going to hear him, they're across the courtyard! "This one especially!" I raise a brow in confusion.

"Bruh, it's just Alya," I point out. "You talk to her almost every day." I lift my arm and twist my wrist making the 'bruh' motion. 

Nino shakes his head dejectedly. "Have you ever heard me talk to her like I do to you dudes?"

I purse my lips. "Shit. Good point." Adrien seems to be torn between finding me the most adorable human on the planet and helping Nino out. I give him a 'bitch?' look making him shake his head like a dog then turn his attention back to Nino. 

"You just gotta be yourself, man!" Adrien tries to hype Nino up. "We love you 'cause you're awesome! I am one hundred percent sure Alya will see that too." Damn boi! That was a kickass speech! Well, he did write me that poem during the Dark Cupid battle, so I should expect that. 

"But what do I do?" Nino complains. "Do I crack a joke? Shoot her a compliment?" Nino's arms start flailing. "Invite her to the zoo? Play it serious?" His voice is crackly at the end and his hands fly to his red ballcap in distress. 

"Dude, bro, buddy!"I say taking his hands in mine and removing them from his head. I hear Adrien give a small growl. What's up with him? "You're way overthinking this. Believe me, I'm the Queen of overthinking." He relaxes a bit in my grip but I don't let go of his wrists. "If you wanna ask a girl out, the best thing to do is to take her somewhere like the movies or the zoo or the museum or the aquarium, any kind of attraction that she's in to. Then you take her out to eat afterwards. This way you are guaranteed to have something to talk about while eating because you were just at a place worth talking about!" His hands are still in mine so as I'm flailing my arms around - because I talk with my hands a lot - his arms are following mine. Adrien is trying really hard to hold back laughter at the ridiculous sight before him. 

I release Nino, softly apologizing for puppeteering him for a bit."You seem to have thought this through a lot, Y/N," Nino observes. Adrien is still stifling his laughter from before. 

"Dude, I overthink everything AND I eat edibles to calm my anxiety. Those two put together make for some pretty rad ideas," I explain to him. "Oh, that reminds me! I actually thought of this last night on the brink of unconsciousness." The boys look at me concerned but intrigued. "If your leg got cut off, would it hurt?"